Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleyth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Advice

My brother and his family decided to get a labrador puppy a few months ago, im not certain how old it is, must be over 6 months but not yet 1. He is from working lines so is therefore a very energetic dog. The family all argue about whos going to walk him and hes lucky if he gets a half hour walk on lead every day... So the past few weeks ive been taking him out with my dogs and he loves it! At home he wrecks everythinf because he hasnt been getting enough exercise... Im trying to persuade them to let me have him because he really has no life at the moment as he is ignored and im the only one who walks him... Ive gave them so much advice but they just dont care! He also gets shut in his craye most of day because theu cant be bothered with him.. Hes also very underweight.. Dont know what to do! Poor dog!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Anonymous call to the RSPCA? if the dog is very underweight and locked in a crate for most of the day, I think they need a bit of a wakeup call.

Why do they want the dog if evidently they can't be bothered to look after him and it is such a chore?
hayleyth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Anonymous call to the RSPCA? if the dog is very underweight and locked in a crate for most of the day, I think they need a bit of a wakeup call.

Why do they want the dog if evidently they can't be bothered to look after him and it is such a chore?
They say they wouldnt get rid of him because they love him an all of this... But there just being very selfish..
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Sad unfortunately not the first time i've heard similar stories I don't know what i'd do in your situation except keep walking him.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd call the RSPCA as well tbf, give them a bit of a fright.