Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Lump on leg

Max has had a little lump on his back leg for a while now. it has never irritated him, or bothered him, and the vet has said to leave it alone if he's not bothered by it.

On Friday, he started to be bothered by it. He's licked it so much, it's red raw and bleeding a bit round the edge
He keeps spinning round to lick at it, and will "leave" it when I command, but then goes and sits down and keeps looking at.

I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, he has decided that it bothers him. It's not "hurting" him, as I can touch it, poke it squeeze it etc and he isn't bothered about me doing it.

We're off to the vets next week with it, but is there anything I can put on it to sooth it in the meantime? Some Sudocrem perhaps?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I suspect whatever you put on it, Max will lick off.

You'd probably be better off just covering it with a sock, perhaps, so he can't lick it.

Good luck at the vets, Shelley - keep us posted.
x0x
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 09:30 AM
hi hun you could put sudacream on it but you would need to cover it up so he leaves it, maybe put a sock on and tape the top or a bandage. hope it gets sorted hun for both of you. it might be that the skin is getting tight and thats why he is taking an intressed in it hun. thinking of you both. xx hugs from us
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Phew!

Max's lump change is due to the fact that it has a puncture wound in the middle of it

The little s*d Murphy has bitten his leg, and has had the misfortune to catch him in this lump....

The wound site is a little infected, so Max is on AB's for that; and I've been putting Vit-E oil on, so it doesn't scar too badly (it worked wonders on his surgery scar)

Honestly, these dogs cost me a fortune!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Phew!

Max's lump change is due to the fact that it has a puncture wound in the middle of it

The little s*d Murphy has bitten his leg, and has had the misfortune to catch him in this lump....

The wound site is a little infected, so Max is on AB's for that; and I've been putting Vit-E oil on, so it doesn't scar too badly (it worked wonders on his surgery scar)

Honestly, these dogs cost me a fortune!
Tell me about it
I have only just seen your original thread. Mo had a puncture wound like this a few months ago when she got in an altrication with another dog. I couldn't even see it at the time. ABs soon sorted it though.
Hope Max's leg is better soon.
Ruddy dogs
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Hope hes better soon poor guy, maybe it was for the best getting burst at least this way it should go away.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Thank god it was only this, at least the ABS will sort it out.xxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear he's on the mend. Bless him, they are a worr sometimes aren't they?

((hugs))

Heidi
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Glad it is all ok, they are a worry these Boxers

Any lump needs to be investigated with Boxers....Bandit has just been in for the removal of two, on his body.... thankfully the results are all ok.

They do make you worry over them, dont they