View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:09 PM

Just back from London....what an amazing time!

Helllloooooooo from a very tired Jackie who's had the most amazing 2 days in London.
We travelled down at 9:30 yesterday morning First Class on the train. Got to the hotel about 12:45, ditched the bags as the room wasn't ready and hailed a taxi to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant at Claridges.
This was the most amazing part of the trip. Claridges is the most gorgeous hotel and the restaurant is stunning. The food was out of this world. Cannot begin to tell you but here's a link to the restaurant: http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges
This was my starter: Carrot soup, confit rabbit, truffle sabayon
Main Course: Pot-roasted Yorkshire pheasant, fricassée of autumn squash, almonds and oregano
Dessert: Granny Smith apple parfait rolled in pain d’épice, with a blackberry sorbet
We finished with a complimentary selection of chocolate and ice cream truffles. Suffice to say it is quite honestly the best food I have ever eaten in my life...seriously! 2 Michelin Star restaurant!
We left the restaurant about 4:30 and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the 7:30 performance of Grease. We were only 6 rows back from the stage and the show was fabulous! We sang our way through the entire performance. After the show, we went to a pub next door to the theatre and as it was so warm out, we were stood outside with our drinks. My mate Hayley looked up and said, isn't that Danny Bayne who plays Danny? Sure enough the actors were coming out the back door of the theatre! We ran across the road and got our pics taken with 2 of them.
Out for a pizza about 11pm then back to the hotel. I only lasted til about 12:30 then needed my bed desperately. Got up about 8:30 this morning, got organised, had breakfast and headed out to Harrods. Spent 3 hours drooling over everything in the place. The shoe and handbag floor is to die for. We just oohed and aaaahed our way around the Jimmy Choo's. Bought a few lovely things from the food hall and then in a taxi back to the hotel. Picked up the bags back to the station for our train journey home. Arrived back about 7:30 tonight. Shattered, broke and very happy. Here are a sample of the pics:

Andrea on the left and Hayley on the right in our room:

Myself and Andrea on my bed for the night.

The Three Musketeers

Hayley and Andrea with Danny Bayne who plays Danny Zuko in Grease

Hayley and myself with Danny Bayne

Hayley and Andrea with Ray Quinn who plays Doodie in Grease (You may remember him from the X Factor!)

Sorry it's so long winded but I can completely recommend every little bit of it and hope some of you may do the same trip on my recommendations. If you ever get the opportunity, please go to Gordon Ramsay at Claridges, it is truly amazing!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Awww Jackie, you look like you all had a blast, what a brilliant trip!
But two questions....... what did you really buy in the Jimmy Choo section..... and what is up with Danny's hair, it's a bit too cone head for Grease!

P.S You can tell you all had fun, there's not a single pic without one of you holding a glass!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Superb! What a fab time you all had.

Go on, tell us, how much did the food bill come to in Claridges? I can dream, then......

Welcome home, kiddo

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Awww Jackie, you look like you all had a blast, what a brilliant trip!
But two questions....... what did you really buy in the Jimmy Choo section..... and what is up with Danny's hair, it's a bit too cone head for Grease!

P.S You can tell you all had fun, there's not a single pic without one of you holding a glass!
We did Becky, it was so much fun! Seriously didn't buy anything in the Jimmy Choo section but I was holding the most gorgeous pair against my face at one point LOL. We were dribbling over them all! Danny's hair was ok from the side LOL

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Superb! What a fab time you all had.

Go on, tell us, how much did the food bill come to in Claridges? I can dream, then......

Welcome home, kiddo

It was amazing Vicki. I seriously can't explain what a wonderful experience Claridges was. I so wanted to take pics but is wasn't that kind of place if you know what I mean! The food was only £30/head for the set lunch which I thought was reasonable, especially for the quality of the food. We had 2 bottles of a lovely wine (Sancerre) and that was £40 each so all in food and wine and generous tip was £200 for all three of us. Worth every single penny though and will definitely go back. Thanks for the welcome home mate
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 07:06 AM
That's not too bad, then, expecially for a GR restaurant
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
That's not too bad, then, expecially for a GR restaurant
Not when you consider 2 bottles of wine cost us £80. It was beautiful and 2 Michelin stars in the restaurant...very well deserved. xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Jackie, well I'm so glad you had a good time and got home safe, and judging by the pics it was well worth it. Loved pic. 3 (You could sell that one to the Ultrabrite people how I wish mine were half as good )

The meal in Claridges sounds fabulous, I'm clearly a bit out of touch with eating out prices 'tho and you didn't splash out in Harrods surely there must have been something

Thanks for posting.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Jackie, well I'm so glad you had a good time and got home safe, and judging by the pics it was well worth it. Loved pic. 3 (You could sell that one to the Ultrabrite people how I wish mine were half as good )

The meal in Claridges sounds fabulous, I'm clearly a bit out of touch with eating out prices 'tho and you didn't splash out in Harrods surely there must have been something

Thanks for posting.
Thanks Harvey, it was brilliant! The meal was the best I've ever had, seriously. It was expensive but very worth it. It's not something that happens every day is it? Only splashed out in Harrods Food Hall LOL, posh coffee and chocolates. Couldn't justify the price of the Jimmy Choo's but would have loved to!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I would love to do 'Tea at the Ritz', my friend did it, it was about £30 I think, but she said it was brill.
You got to choose from all the different teas and coffes, which they kept bringing, and they keep bringing those three tiered trays of lovelies, such as petit fours on the top, sandwiches underneath and cakes at the bottom. Great as part of a girlie shopping/evening out as you did

It was the 'keep bringing' part of the story that got me tempted.
I can see the headlines now, 'Woman thrown out of Ritz after 12 hour pig out!'
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I would love to do 'Tea at the Ritz', my friend did it, it was about £30 I think, but she said it was brill.
You got to choose from all the different teas and coffes, which they kept bringing, and they keep bringing those three tiered trays of lovelies, such as petit fours on the top, sandwiches underneath and cakes at the bottom. Great as part of a girlie shopping/evening out as you did

It was the 'keep bringing' part of the story that got me tempted.
I can see the headlines now, 'Woman thrown out of Ritz after 12 hour pig out!'
Oh yeah, that would be fab too Becky. Well worth the money. Sounds great. LOL at 12 hour pig out! Thing is the table beside us left their 6 chocolate/ice cream truffles and I really wanted to half inch them LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >