View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:32 AM
So sorry sending you (((((hugs))))) he has taken with him the love you gave and he will be smiling down on you Im sure xxx
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:41 AM
I am so very sorry. xx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Sorry for your loss..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:46 AM
So sorry, Deb. You can't switch off emotions like a tap, so I can well understand your grief despite the break-up and moving on with your life.

Let yourself grieve. It sounds like you have a wonderful man now who will understand your feelings and you need to go through that process to come to terms with your emotions.

Big hugs for you and your kids winging their way across cyberspace and may your ex have finally found the peace that he so needed xxxxxx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh deb, Im so sorry. Huge hugs on their way to you hun xxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm so sorry but I do agree that you did have a very special kind of love there. Bloody cancer is so evil. Massive hugs to you xxxxxx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:54 AM
((hugs)) Deb. Wishing you strength and comfort x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I'm told that I shouldn't really be feeling like this....

At the end of the day, we are ex'es and (sorry,)

I am thinking that I failed him by leaving him when he needed me... and then when he had overcome his problem with alcohol... he needed me more.

Joanne and Vicky (my daughters) are upset that they didn't say goodbye to him personally. Steve did know that it would result in this. He knew that he wouldn't be able to fight it. Just before Xmas he was told that it was in his lungs, prostrate and liver. Jo n Vick had always been in touch with him on FB. I told my Son, Steven, ( in the army), he said he would be home this weekend.

I am just sorry that I couldn't do more

Rest In Peace Steve x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Deb you did so much.

I have never been in a position where I have loved someone then split with them but I do know if it were to happen whatever the reason if I had lived and loved with that person and had children with them I am sure I would not stop loving them.

Take comfort in all that you did for him and you remained friends and I am sure when he was was alive he knew that and still does.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:30 AM
No one can tell another how they should or shouldn't feel! Run with your emotions, Deb - it's the only way you'll get through this sad time for you all.

You didn't fail Steve, far from it. You were there for him when others would have walked totally away. I'm sure that that in itself was a great comfort to him in his battle
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >