Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 06:57 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

I know half of you are in the sick bay, but hope you're all feeling a lot better this morning, and you certainly will be once the drugs trolley does the rounds!

Pat, I hope you managed a bit of sleep, even though you must be worried sick about your son today. It's going to be so very difficult for you being so far away. Has he got a phone number for his bed I wonder, you can maybe ring before he goes down for his op. All the best Pat, I'm sure all will be fine.xxx

Lynn, good luck for Gorden today on that job front, and now that there's a short list, it must be quite soon I'm sure.

Jen, hope your mouth doesn't hurt after all those extrationcs, and definitely not crunchy cereals for brekkie for you!!

All of you feeling poorly, get well soon.

My news is, Dave is definitely buying one of those vans, and we'll do it today over the phone. I can't understand why he didn't actually secure one yesterday, but he told the guy he wanted to discuss it with me first. The site is all good, nice and clean and tidy and quiet. The cheaper of the 2 vans has a couple in it who are upgrading to a bigger one, so if he goes for that, he's going to have to wait another 5 weeks, BUT, it's £3K cheaper and it's identical to the other one which is empty, but newer and he could move in it tomorrow. I've advised the cheaper option (cos of my Dunelm trips!!! ) We've worked out with everything, including gas, electric, the works it's only going to cost him £60 a week and he could stay in it as many nights as he needs during the week at no extra cost and that's been the whole name of the game all the way along. As for renting, I can't do it, because this chap does all the renting himself, and he says he has no call for week-enders, but we've deduced that's probably because of the particular type of people who would want a week-end away (if you catch my drift!!) But that doesn't matter, it's the cheapest and the best option. Yes, he's going to lose the capital over the years, but even when you add the amount on, over 10 years, we're still saving a packet compared to the current situation at the hotel, and a flat would have been horrendous, I'm so glad we never went for that one. It was fate that they were all so awful that he went right off that idea.

Anyway, got the boiler man coming this morning, so one of us is going to have to stay behind as he's an 8 - 1pm man, and hopefully, it'll be me, so that I can give my old legs a rest from all this walking. I'm working on it as I type!!!

Enjoy your day everyone, it'll soon be the week-end.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Helena. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I updated my thread. The van sounds an excellent idea for an away from home stopover. I've lived with an OH who had to rent away from home and to be honest you need to be earning mega bucks to keep two places on the go IMHO.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Morning Helena and Everyone.

Pat I will take a look at your thread in while in the mean time I am thinking of your son and you.
Helena good news on the van front hopefully now you can relax and stop worrying so much. Sounds like the more sound option in the end.
No one can accuse of you of not doing your research.

Not a lot on here today just the usual. Weather is not to good at the moment misty and wet.

Jenny I hope the mouth isn't to sore today.
Thinking of all the poorly people and pets today and wishing you well soon.

Enjoy your Friday everyone and stay safe.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning H, Pat and all

I hope your son's op is a great success Pat, it must feel awful being so far away.

Fantastic news H, that must be such a relief. It's funny how things meander along and then the right option pops up. Can't wait to see what you spend that extra cash on at Dunelm!

Fingers also crossed for Gorden, I so hope he gets this job.

We had a lovely day at Crufts yesterday Taz won his class (I certainly wasn't expecting that) and Pip was second in Limit, I then handled Taz's mum Tegan and she only went and won the Limit bitch class! There were a lot of foreign dogs over and we met a lovely Italian man who wants us to friend him on the otherside.

The dogs are shattered but had a lot of fun. I was so proud of them as they haven't been shown or done any training for 6 months, I really thought I might have been the entertainment!

I will take some piccies of the "show team" with their rosettes later.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today (despite the awful weather).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Helena. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I updated my thread. The van sounds an excellent idea for an away from home stopover. I've lived with an OH who had to rent away from home and to be honest you need to be earning mega bucks to keep two places on the go IMHO.
Morning Pat, hope you're staying relatively calm there this morning, well, as calm as possible. Yes, this really is a good cheap option for us, and we're going to secure it today otherwise I fear we will lose it. He sold one last week the same day it went on his website, but it was cheap, and so is this one, but it's like brand new inside Dave said, lovely and clean and cosy. All the best for today Pat, I'm sure you'll be speaking to somebody soon over here.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena and Everyone.

Pat I will take a look at your thread in while in the mean time I am thinking of your son and you.
Helena good news on the van front hopefully now you can relax and stop worrying so much. Sounds like the more sound option in the end.
No one can accuse of you of not doing your research.

Not a lot on here today just the usual. Weather is not to good at the moment misty and wet.

Jenny I hope the mouth isn't to sore today.
Thinking of all the poorly people and pets today and wishing you well soon.

Enjoy your Friday everyone and stay safe.
Morning Lynn, Yes, dull, dreary and raining here too this morning, but thankfully Dave is doing the honours for me Hope all is calm at yours too and that Dillon is behaving himself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts Moet. And Congratulations on your achievements with your dogs.

It does occur to me that the distance might be not such a bad thing where my son is concerned. As I am always telling my kids 'you've got ONE OF THOSE MOTHERS - live with it!'

I would probably have been forcibly ejected from the ward by now after bombarding docs with questions etc.

He's 6'4" I can hardly scoop him up and march out with him (like I've done several times with dogs when I've not felt happy with the vet!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H, Pat and all

I hope your son's op is a great success Pat, it must feel awful being so far away.

Fantastic news H, that must be such a relief. It's funny how things meander along and then the right option pops up. Can't wait to see what you spend that extra cash on at Dunelm!

Fingers also crossed for Gorden, I so hope he gets this job.

We had a lovely day at Crufts yesterday Taz won his class (I certainly wasn't expecting that) and Pip was second in Limit, I then handled Taz's mum Tegan and she only went and won the Limit bitch class! There were a lot of foreign dogs over and we met a lovely Italian man who wants us to friend him on the otherside.

The dogs are shattered but had a lot of fun. I was so proud of them as they haven't been shown or done any training for 6 months, I really thought I might have been the entertainment!

I will take some piccies of the "show team" with their rosettes later.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today (despite the awful weather).
Morning Gerry, oh WOW to you and your achievements yesterday I can't wait to see pics of your little stars FAAAAAANTASTIC, you must be over the moon, you couldn't have done better really could you! Soooooo pleased for you Gerry.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi All Special day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPvYqkz9sqE

Crystalgirl
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Thanks for the kind thoughts Moet. And Congratulations on your achievements with your dogs.

It does occur to me that the distance might be not such a bad thing where my son is concerned. As I am always telling my kids 'you've got ONE OF THOSE MOTHERS - live with it!'

I would probably have been forcibly ejected from the ward by now after bombarding docs with questions etc.
You sound like me! I am sure everyone is glad when I am gone.

Thanks for the congrats.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Well done Gerri and the Basenji's.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »