Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:37 AM

Camera Reccomendations Please :)

Can anyone reccomend a camera for doggy photo taking?!

Ideally I don't want to spend more than £100-200 - If I can get a camera that manages to take nice sharp photos and that has a setting that makes the background out of focus/blurry (very technical lingo I know!!) that would be great. Also not too heavy as I'd like it to be easy to carry round on walks.

I know loads of people on here take fab photos. Suggestions please

-Also mods, if this isn't posted in the right section please let me know or move to the appropriate one.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I am watching for answers too as I also need a new camera but, unfortunatly for under £100
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I love my little panasonic lumix TZ fits nicely in a pocket, lightweight with good picture quality. good zoom etc.
I've had it years and it's constantly updated with new models so mine is a blinkin antique now I think you can get one for around £150
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Admittedly the one I have is pretty fantastic (Sony Cybershot DSC-TX5) though it's about 30 pounds extra it is still worth it - shock proof, water proof (3m), dust proof, freeze proof (-10c) and it takes the best damn pictures I have ever seen without me even trying!

This camera was taken to Antartica with my sister and every picture she took made you think it was a National Geographic photo contest.

According to price runner some go for as cheap as 235, the original retail price is 330 and in Amazon.co.uk its about 260.

If you want I can post pictures I took while biking yesterday to show how someone as inept as me can take a pic with this thing? None of the pics feature dogs unfortunately
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Go on eBay & find yourself a second hand DSLR (with at least one lens)
May not be a brand new model, but an excellent basis for learning how focus, d.o.f etc work.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Cadi great idea for people to post pics of what they have taken with their cameras.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, keep them coming and I will look them all up later
Aeonflame
New Member!
Male 

10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
For that price range you can get a great superzoom bridge camera. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H50. It performs well and takes excellent photos of moving objects.

here are a few sample shots.

performs well in low light

And fast enough to catch quickly moving objects

Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks! I do get the occasional neat idea when my brain bothers to fire off its synapses - unfortunately it happens so rarely these days.

Here are a few pics of mine:
Nature Shot (bit overexposed, my fault)-

My Friend in Nature Shot -

And finally my attempt at macro photography with a point and shoot - you can sorta see the checkers in its eyes:

Aeonflame, that picture of the ocelot is absolutely gorgeous! It looks so soft.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Not sure if you have had a peep. But worth going on YoPhotographer and asking over there (Don't worry Azz and a few other Dogsey members are over there).
Aeonflame
New Member!
Male 

10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Cadi View Post

Aeonflame, that picture of the ocelot is absolutely gorgeous! It looks so soft.

Thanks, here is another one

And here are some more shots with out of focus backgrounds that WhichPets would like to take. I use this camera sometimes almost as much as my DSLR. Its very quick and not too cumbersome to carry around with you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »