Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by border pop View Post
Now thats what i call dedication
More like madness

Are you the girl that made those lovely Wheaten biscuits at the champ show?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree with you where the GP is concerned regarding them seeing it as a right to manhandle dogs on benches... no wonder more and more people are using bench guards or crates,, and you will then hear the " that one must be vicious, because it is locked up" from them

I know may friends are quite happy to allow the public to ask about their dogs and stroke them, "if " they ask first.

Some dogs are fine with strangers coming up to them but some are not, and it always seem that some people leave their common sense and manners at the door when they go to Crufts.

Regards the highlighted but, I do wonder why people who have issues with the "rules" of any given club, continue to attend events.

I understand the reason behind your objection , re-leaving dogs on benches... but if you feel strongly enough about being dictated too, why do you continue to participate.

Rules are set down, (for what ever reasons) and I know regarding Crufts (leaving dogs on benches and not to leave before 4pm) are there for the general public, and safety of the dogs (do you realy want to put your dog through the gauntlet of those shopping halls) and this is not particularly aimed at you, just a generalization, regarding clubs and rules.... the answer is simply , if you object strong to the rules , dont take part.

Its liek any form of club, tennis/golf, if you dont want to follow some rules or feel you are being dictated too, you have a choice, either accept them or dont go!!
I loathe Crufts for the reason's you've already quoted and I wouldnt dream of trailing a dog round the shopping halls however at a normal CS we go sit on the Eukanuba stand for an hour have a coffee and a chat and give the dog a break, thats not allowed at Crufts til after 4.
I actually dont mind staying as wel usually watch the group anyway.
To be honest I wouldnt go to Crufts again but Ian shows my dogs and he would show anywhere given chance.
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-02-2010, 09:53 AM
It will be my first crufts showing in the toy group,as timo my charlie(king charles spaniel) is only 15 months old and we only started showing him last may,but he managed to qualify several times.we are going more for the experience than anything as he's still very immature in body compared to some his age,but his line are veeeeery slow maturers.his grandma is still being shown and shes 13 and still winning cc's/rcc's ,so they tend to last a long time.as long as we both enjoy it,anything else will be an unexpected bonus! must be better than the last time i showed there,as britney my tibetan spaniel was about to do her triangle and decided to do the longest poo ever! lol. i chucked the poo in a bag to my sister who was sitting ringside as we passed her!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by blkntanbull View Post
It will be my first crufts showing in the toy group,as timo my charlie(king charles spaniel) is only 15 months old and we only started showing him last may,but he managed to qualify several times.we are going more for the experience than anything as he's still very immature in body compared to some his age,but his line are veeeeery slow maturers.his grandma is still being shown and shes 13 and still winning cc's/rcc's ,so they tend to last a long time.as long as we both enjoy it,anything else will be an unexpected bonus! must be better than the last time i showed there,as britney my tibetan spaniel was about to do her triangle and decided to do the longest poo ever! lol. i chucked the poo in a bag to my sister who was sitting ringside as we passed her!
Good luck
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm now doing DD on the Friday too! Just in the morning though then I'm off to watch the breeders finals.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm going on the Friday for Terrier and Hound day.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad View Post
Are you the girl that made those lovely Wheaten biscuits at the champ show?
That would be me
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by border pop View Post
That would be me
Ahh I though so I'm the one with the long red hair and the naughty Wheaten called Dolly
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I'll be going on the Thursday or Friday, possibly both. I'd love to go on Gundog day, but I'm not a fan of Sunday at Crufts.
No showing for me, we did do YKC agility one year, but I actually prefer just going as a spectator. Jet gets all hyped in crowds anyway =/
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2010, 10:17 PM
im going on the thursday!! my first time! im so excited i cant wait! im not showing just excited to see it all!
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >