Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Parenting at its worse!

The kids were supposed to be at their dads at 9am this morning - its 12.45 and he hasn't bothered to reply to any of ours!

Now her ex sister in law is texting saying Rachy is a crap mother!

I'm about ready to go around there and tell her husband and kids what she gets up to on a night out, and my Rachy is a bad mother?!?!?!??!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
The kids were supposed to be at their dads at 9am this morning - its 12.45 and he hasn't bothered to reply to any of ours!

Now her ex sister in law is texting saying Rachy is a crap mother!

I'm about ready to go around there and tell her husband and kids what she gets up to on a night out, and my Rachy is a bad mother?!?!?!??!
Did he not pick them up?

Best course of action ignore them you know you are good parents and so do the kids. Don't respond to their pettiness!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Nope, we just dropped them off at his request and the kids walked up the drive waving mouthing "go" - we've had enough of this! The weekend after next (the next time he is supposed to have them he's only having them one day because he won't change his shifts!

Her ex sister in law just called us and i answered shouting in the most common accent i've heard for a while slagging us off, so i calmly pointed out that she nor her family were going to talk to my partner and that i'd had enough of her....so i hung up lololol!!!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 01:59 PM
As hard as it maybe, if you laugh at her, that is better than yelling at her as that is what she wants, to ruffle some feathers, if you laugh or ignore her you will be doing the opposite of what she is trying to do.
Some people are just so bored in their own lives they try to cause trouble in others
Good luck and smile, it doesn't sound like the ex sister in law is worth getting mad about
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I just told her I was bored of her and hung up. Its all sooooo pathetic, at the end of the day there is nothing worse than people who use the kids and thats exactly what he's done! He even lets them down the park alone - my step son is autistic and cannot do things like that alone!!! We asked him not to do it again and yet still he does!

Roll on 2011..... x
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I just told her I was bored of her and hung up. Its all sooooo pathetic, at the end of the day there is nothing worse than people who use the kids and thats exactly what he's done! He even lets them down the park alone - my step son is autistic and cannot do things like that alone!!! We asked him not to do it again and yet still he does!

Roll on 2011..... x
To get in a slanging match is just what they want. I totally share and understand your concerns as to what happens to them when not in your care. My daughter broke her arm in 2 places when at the park not being watched, and guess who never showed up to any of her fracture clinic appts!!! It was 3 months of hell all caused by him. Does your step-daughter have a mobile phone? I snook a cheap one with my eldest when they were younger and they could call or text me when they needed to.

It is really sad that ex's and their families need to behave like that. It is such a waste of enery all the time they spend trying to score points.

My ex had pretended to sign divorce papers and send them off only for me to find out this week that he had done no such thing all because he knows I want to get on with my life and it is his last bit of control.

You have a strong relationship and a lovely family! His loss your gain!!! The kids see him and his family for what they are, trust me mine have worked it all out for themselves.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 04:43 PM
The eldest is only 9 and if he found a mobile phone on her he'd expect her to have one here and would call her constantly when drunk we've told her that if he yells at her again she's to run to his next door neighbours - they still speak to my OH and they will ring us.

He lost badly in court and he told my stepdaughter that if my OH ever tells him what to do with the kids again then he's make her suffer like never before.....she's 9!

No one has bothered us again this afternoon, I just hope the kids are ok and that he's not off on one
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 04:49 PM
It's an awful situation for anyone to be in let alone when you are only 9. I really feel for you both. It's a shame that the courts seem to feel that any contact is better than none with the father.

The annoying thing too is that much as you love the kids in the short space of time that you should be able to relax and spend a bit of quality time as a couple you can't as you're too worried about the kids!!

Stay strong both xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 04:53 PM
The courts didn't grant him access, my OH is the sole custodian, the kids at the time still wanted to see him, but its starting to get to the point where if he doesn't stop then it will be re-evaluated methinks.

I hope your ex stops playing silly bug*ers too hon x
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, I think I would be rethinking it too if I were you!

My ex can carry on as he likes we know the truth if others don't. Think I will celebrate my divorce by getting married!!! He can only delay it not prevent it!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »