Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Oh dear, another Rottie attck!!

In our local papper yestaday and today is another "dog attack" on a 9yr old boy by 3 Rotties,

The attack took place in Newcastle -under-Lyme.(Staffordshire) from what I have read in the papper, a young boy went across the road to play with his friend, who owned the 3 Rottties 1 male 2 females , the dogs were locked in the kitchen and some how got out, they chased the boy across the road into his own home, and apparantly (so it says in the papper) all 3 attacked the boy, but it was the male that bite him(they boy is in hospital undergoing surgury on his arms,) the father of the boy beat the dogs off, the male dog was put to sleep by his owner straight away before the police were called the 2 females so far are stll with the owner. the owner of the dogs is devestated, they have never done anything like this before ! she said.

The papper and the boys family are calling for the other 2 to be PTS . that is all it says so far.

Lovely pic on front page of the papper of a snarling Rottie, with slobber dropping from his teeth.

Speaking to a friend of mine who owns the most wonderful Rottie bitch, she is very worried and has real concerns for her breed. this is another nail in the coffin for such a wonderful breed.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I believe the 2 bitches both have litters of puppies so that could explain their behaviour but if this is true you have to question anyone having 2 rottie litters at the same time.
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I have not read that, but if so, it could explain why they attacked, but why where 2 bitches with pups and amale all in the same room together.

Still another day sad.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 10:16 AM
It has made the national news now too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh dear I feel for the plight of the dear rottie now Any rottie attack is going to be treated as a scoop nowadays, such a shame. We had all this with the gsd in the 70's and 80's, and I'm sure that's why the breed has declined now.