Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 07:53 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 17th February

Good morning everyone.

I am finally going for my blood test I postponed 10 days or so ago. I have also asked for an appointment with the Renal Dept at the hospital but have no idea when that will be.

Lynn, fingers crossed and every good luck for Mark's MOT test today.

June, hope Cariad goes on ok. Griff hope you are ok.

Sue, glad you got your spare key in the end. What stories they tell.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Dry so far but overcast here and a bit chilly.

Moyra glad you have booked the blood test, let's hope the appointment for your renal check up doesn't take to long.

Calmer day today hopefully. Possibly a knock from Beth which may result in her stipping for a coffee if she isn't to busy. I took some parcels in for her while they were away.
Thank you for all the positive vibes for Marks van. He is expecting it to fail on a headlight if that's all we shall all be very happy.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Fingers crossed the van passes the MOT or at least only fails on a headlight which is easily fixed. Enjoy your coffee with Beth if she stays.

Hope you are feeling well at the moment Moyra and good luck for the blood test.

Very misty first thing but the sun is trying to get through. Nothing planned today just wish I could get in the garden

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Lynn
Why doesn't he fix the headlight first before an MOT? not exactly the hardest job replacing a headlight bulb
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Morning Sue.
Not that easy Barry it has a motor which operates it up or down depending on load. That seems to not be working and he has tried to do it himself but the headlight is actually very difficult and awkward.
Believe Me if he could do it himself and save money he would he is very handy and done a lot of jobs on the car himself.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 11:09 AM
ahhh self levelling headlights...the land rovers had those..easy for me as i had little hands, fiddly for the lads with bigger hands...fingers crossed it passes
moyra, good luck with the blood test
walking the dogs today and i think thats it for me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Yayyyyyy it passed. 4 advisories two tyres which he was keeping an eye on and brake pipes.
No headlight issue like he thought. So maybe his fiddling yesterday sorted it.

He is so pleased £25. He can now do the other jobs as soon as he is able which knowing him won't be long and his friend in Harlow may well do the brake pipes.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Oh that's brilliant Lynn, well done Mark.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Lynn, if you get Mark to go on to national tyres, see if there is a local branch, register and they send you vouchers through...offers for tyres, batteries, oil and filter brakes etc. A good company we use is I think it's value tyres, you buy online and you can just buy the tyres or pay for fitting which includes valves and balance and disposal of old tyres .....you pick an am or pm and go to your local fitters....saved my dad about £500 last time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2017, 12:40 PM
https://www.valuetyres.co.uk/
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >