Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 07:42 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 17th November

Good Morning everyone.

Lynn, I am so sorry you are going through all this trouble with your electrics on the boiler. It would appear that your current electrician doesn't really want the job, its like Harvey says he probably gets enough easy jobs to keep him busy and turns down anything too stressful.

LG what can I say so sorry to hear about your pigeons. Whoever is taking pot shots at them wants hang drawing and quartering and even that would be too good for them. I hope the two injured ones survive.

June, glad the job on the car went well and it will keep you running around for a bit longer.

Griff hope you are feeling better after you day of chemo yesterday.

Jenny and Brian, hope everything went well at the hospital for Brian and the journey home was not too arduous.

Brenda, Norma, Mandy, Nikki et al I hope you are all well.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Morning All! Having a slobby morning - only just woken up and now sipping my tea in bed!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Good morning Moyra, Gnasher and all who follow

Get you drinking tea in bed Gnasher

I do hope you get and electrian out asap Lynn. Trades people don't seem to want to work these days if there is a problem to find. Eldest son needed to get a damp surveyor out and three times they let him down. He managed to get another company out, turned up when said he would and has got the job. It is a case of it needs doing now whilst the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom walls are being taken back to brickwork, starting next week.

Sorry about your pigeons Gordon who ever did it needs shooting himself and make sure they also have a slow death

Was lovely first thing but now it has clouded over so the rain forecast is obviously on its way Washing out, Teazle walked, chicken stew bubbling in slow cooker and have also managed to dig out a fuchsia bush that has been annoying me since we moved in, wrong bush in the wrong place. I have plenty of others to take cuttings from so not worried. Now to plan what to do with the space.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Same here Sue, nice morning but gradually going darker and looking like rain. Got the bone run today then will pick up shavings as used rest of the bale last night.
I am hoping the white rental van outside the back of the house where NumbKnutz has a room means he is leaving us.
Big hugs Lynn, you'll get there in the end, just have to grit your teeth. How's Dillon's foot this morning.
How did Brian get on at the hospital Nippy, any multiple births yet
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Is that too much to hope for June, I will keep my fingers crossed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Haven't seen any possessions being loaded but the curtains in that room were actually open all of yesterday and in darkness till after dark, may go and have a nosy and peer through the back bedroom window using the nets as cover. Like you say Moyra,I can but hope
No rain yet, hoping it keeps off till I'm back from the bone run
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Morning everyone.
Our day went very well yesterday, the journey there and back was good. Brian was seen immediately and was out before his appt time. The bad news is that his hernia has come back and he has to have another repair However there were no multiple pregnancies

I have just had a huge row with a firm that we ordered some fence panels from 6 weeks ago. Still no delivery despite a promised 2 week wait. Threatened withdrawal of order and my money back. Now promised next Fri. I have told them if not then I will be taking legal action. Oooooo, get me!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Aw poor Brian when is he going in for the op. Great you were in and out so quickly though. You'd think this time of year they wouldn't be rushed off their feet with multitudes of fence panel orders.
Looks like NumbKnutz is here to stay, curtains closed again and van gone.
So dark here, the sky is leaden and looks like its about to fall in! Have got to drive any time now, putting it off
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Afternoon everyone. Well what a morning it has been here, but first.
Gorden so sorry to hear about the pigeons really cannot understand or tolerate mindless cruelty. Hoping the two survivors continue to improve.
Nippy Jen sorry to hear about the fencing panels hoping they arrive next week as promised.
Sorry to hear Brian needs another op.
Sue does seem that way doesn't it. Glad your son now has someone to do the work.
June sorry to hear numbknutsz is still insitu.

Now for my morning. I had a bit of a tearful evening here last night after speaking to the original electrician who was meant to be coming tomorrow. Mark told me to try elsewhere so this morning at 7.30 when they opened I rang the local electrician company in the village.
Explained everything he said sounds like your boiler but I have two lads doing a job in the village and will get them to knock about 8.30 8.45 and do the test for you.
Well brenda you were right but not where you thought. We have very little wiring in our loft but the boiler wire comes in through what was the old downstairs bathroom then dining room when bathroom moved upstairs now bathroom again. There use to be a lot of boxing in there re: pipes and wires and we knew the rats use to have a run behind there before we chickened wired and wire wooled the holes they entered in.
Well after a small test the lads discovered it wasn't the boiler it was indeed the wiring. So they have run a new cable better one from the boiler plug through the bathroom under the bath back up to the controllers and fuse spur box none of which was wired well at all.
We now have one cable instead of two and the old wire has chew marks from the pesky rats and when the bath went in we had a small leak so either that or Gorden moving them in fact Mark mentioned Gorden wasn't sure whether he actually he got a shock at one point when maneuvering them about made the wires touch and short. You can clearly see teeth marks and the burn mark also there were two more bits that had been chewed but not shorted. Apparently it wouldn't of taken them long to go either.
I now have all the wiring done decently decent cable and a new programmer. All done in 3 hours.
Now have to wait for the bill. So fingers crossed all sorted and as no more rats can get in no more issues with that either.
I rang the other electrician to say I was cancelling and had managed to find someone today to check he still insisted it wasn't that he didn't want to come out but he didn't want to charge us for something that wasn't electrical.
Well I felt bad about doing it but guess what I am so glad I did.
We know where our business will be going if needed in the future.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 01:26 PM
You do have 'em June! First Field Wanker, now Numb Nuts ... pull up your drawbridge, batten down the hatches and snuggle up in front of the fire with a nice cup of tea!! xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >