Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Madelines Parents

I have just read that Kate and Jerry McCann have been using the fund set up to help find Madeline to pay thier mortgage payments.
I personally think that is awful as people sent in that money purely in the belief it would be used to help find little Madeline, but instead they have dipped into it to pay thier mortgage.
Apparently a little blonde girl has been found in the Rif mountains that is English speaking, it is not Madeline but another girl who was taken. This is where they are now looking for Madeline and stumbled on this other little girl and rescued her. So a happy outcome for some poor parents who have been worried sick but not had the funds or the face that fits to get all the publicity.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I agree madmare , the most important thing for the mccanns should be to find madeline , im so glad that another child will be reunited with her parents , and lets alll pray little madeline is found safe and well really soon xxdk
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Had not heard that about the faimly of Madeleine and if true is dreaful but hope its just newspaper talk, the other little girl being found is a miracle x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:51 AM
i can see how in a roundabaout way it is beng used to help find maddy..

they ar enot currently working as they are trying to find her... so if they arent working they cant pay mortgage and have a home over their heads... therefore the fund beeing used to pay mortgage allows them to be off work helping to find her....

i know its not the best use, but it is a use of funds to help find her....

alex
xx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2007, 10:52 AM
It does not matter either way imo, they pay their mortgage and use the fund for to search, or use the fund to pay their mortgage and they use there own to search. Its as short as it is long and a non-story imo thought up by sections of the media who seem to dislike the McCanns, there will be another story from the pro McCann section tomorrow.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 12:35 PM
can i ask where this was stated was it a newspaper ?

i have seen nothing that says this
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
can i ask where this was stated was it a newspaper ?

i have seen nothing that says this
here you go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7068760.stm
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 01:35 PM
It was on my ISP homepage this morning and I have since heard on the radio that they stopped using the fund for the mortgage when they were made official suspects.
Sorry but I don't agree with a fund set up to help find a poor missing little girl and then dipped into for mortgage payments.
I am sure with the situation and the fact they both have such good jobs to return to the bank would have given them a loan.
I would rather lose my home or downsize and have my child back.
What sticks in my throat, they willingly left 3 kids alone yet the public still forgave and sent money to the fund many possibly leaving themselves short, and then we hear they dip into it to pay thier mortgage. I won't forget the elderly lady who sent a week of her rent money to the fund and said yes it would put her behind but she could add a little on to each weeks over the year till it was made up again, it was more important Maddie was found.
I wonder how she feels as she tries to make up that money that the parents paid thier mortgage with it .
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
It was on my ISP homepage this morning and I have since heard on the radio that they stopped using the fund for the mortgage when they were made official suspects.
Sorry but I don't agree with a fund set up to help find a poor missing little girl and then dipped into for mortgage payments.
I am sure with the situation and the fact they both have such good jobs to return to the bank would have given them a loan. .
By paying the mortgage this is helping them with the search. Yes they could pay for it themself and use the fund to search, but whatever way it still the same outcome.

I would rather lose my home or downsize and have my child back..
And put the twins through more upheavel than they have already been through?

What sticks in my throat, they willingly left 3 kids alone yet the public still forgave and sent money to the fund many possibly leaving themselves short, and then we hear they dip into it to pay thier mortgage.
That is because most of the british puplic can forgive a mistake and thats what it was, also they will realise that if having the mortgage paid can help them find her one way or another they wont mind.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 01:58 PM
So do you want them to be homeless now as well as one child less in the family??? I don't care how they use the money, they obviously can't work at the moment, and have got committments like we all have, and I'm sure this is what the fund is for, to help them out in any way possible. I would gladly carry on giving no matter how they had to spend it! It's not as if she's off to Harrods every week is it!!! The house is a necessity in my view!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >