View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Westie N I am going to say what probably most others are thinking and I'll apologise beforehand for being blunt.
You don't make the rules about Companion Dog Shows, us "Formal Showers" have every right to be there as well as the pet owners, so get over it and move on.
I am really glad that I wasn't in your company yesterday, I feel sure that with all your moaning about the show folk, you would have taken the shine off a very enjoyable day.
Yes I am glad that both my lads got placed but that was just the icing on the cake. With or without rosettes, I enjoyed my day out with my lads.
If you find them so dreadful, maybe you should be the one to send a donation and just stay home. I for one will be carrying on with both my KC formal shows and the Companion ones too.
Clipper & the furry gang
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Clipper,

Obviously I am aware that I don't make the Kennel Club rules. Doh.

I can assure you that I had an enoyable day and didn't moan all day about the unfairness of the KC rules for Companion dog shows. My family, friends and I had a very good day.

My main even at the show yesterday was the club agility, and we had an excellent time at that, and of course, the novelty classes.
sam's mam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:44 PM
thanks hewey,

yes the committe are annoyed at these comment westie n is making but unfortunately i'm having a forum problem and have been unable to reply.

thanks for your support
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by sam's mam View Post
thanks hewey,

yes the committe are annoyed at these comment westie n is making but unfortunately i'm having a forum problem and have been unable to reply.

thanks for your support
Why are you annoyed, sam's man?

They are my feelings regarding Companion dog shows in general, not just our show yesterday. You have no need to be annoyed, we are all entitled to our opinion, whether that be agreeing with attending both types of dog show or not.

As for supporting the show yesterday, that my family and I did, in more ways than one. Despite not having my views listened to. Some comittee.
sam's mam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:04 PM
i am not annoyed at your comments about the k c rules you are entitled to your opinion what you have no right is to say we would have ignored you complaint on the harsh handling allegation
sam's mam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:06 PM
you can say as much about the k c as you like you will not sway the way the shows are run because we have always abided by the rule of the k c and will always choose to do so
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Speaking for myself here, I think perhaps given the personal element regarding one specific show, that should be taken to pm [ or in person ], rather than aired on a public forum.
Its not pleasant to see what should be a private / organisation committee discussion. I`m finding it somewhat uncomfortable reading I have to say

Please guys, lets stick to what people feel about eligibility generally without dragging any individual show into it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Speaking for myself here, I think perhaps given the personal element regarding one specific show, that should be taken to pm [ or in person ], rather than aired on a public forum.
Its not pleasant to see what should be a private / organisation committee discussion. I`m finding it somewhat uncomfortable reading I have to say

Please guys, lets stick to what people feel about eligibility generally without dragging any individual show into it.
My apologies, Patch.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by sam's mam View Post
you can say as much about the k c as you like you will not sway the way the shows are run because we have always abided by the rule of the k c and will always choose to do so
Unfortunately, sam's mam, I won't. I'll probably always disagree with some of the KC rules and regulations!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I think if you did a pole of the non show entrants you might find they do not have the charity uppermost in their thoughts either but it won't affect takings that they all are there to enjoy themselves and hopefully have the thrill of winning something so what does it matter?

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Thats a good point Hewey maybe oatch could put a poll up, I wouldnt know where to start.
Good suggestion for a poll, its now up [ after a couple of false starts on my part lol ]

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=64119
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 27 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »