Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm all ready for winter now!!

Went to a brand name shopping outlet today and dropped on a lovely pair of walking boots and some ski trousers all reduce to an affordable / don't mind em getting sh**ty and dirty whilst out walkies amount

Woohoo bring on the winter
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok, I have a confession to make - recently my trusty wellies split. Some months ago I'd seen some fabulous snow boots in my local saddlery shop, fleecy lined, good tread. So while I was getting some shavings for the hens yesterday I thought I might as well get them now to replace my wellies in case they sold out later on in the year. Well, I just couldn't help myself because they looked so lovely - I actually wore them on today's walk
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I regret not picking up a pair of timberlands the last time i was in their outlet ..
I was like '' Na its not cold and wet yet''
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
.... and if anybody has some suggestions for LIGHTWEIGHT walking boots fully waterproof I'd be most grateful, coz I've done the Hi-Tech's then the expensive Karrimores, but they're too heavy and cloddhoppy and make my little skinny old legs ache so much on long walks, so I'm desperate to find something like my Sketcher trainers that have got me through summer with no aches and pains!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Helly hansan ???
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
i picked up a lovely warm and waterproof jacket at a bootsale for 3-00!!! and i had lost 1 of my walking boots, so went n got some karrimore boots when they where on sale, and then opps found my stray boot lol so got 2 pairs ill invest in a pair of fake uggs put carrier bags inside keep my feet dry, ideal for the snow. my last pair lasted me 2 years like that, but ive got my old parka had it for years and that so warm in the nasty weather.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I do prefer winter walkies as long as I'm wrapped up well
You just can't beat the sharp, clear cold mornings And even better no-one else seems to think their dogs need excercise in the winter so we have it all to ourselves
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 02:58 AM
My daughter just gave me a pair of timberlands. They were too small for her. Great for the snow. My Wellies don't keep my feet warm enough!!

Need some waterproof pants tho. HATE walking out in wet jeans! Will have to pay another visit to our local camping store I think
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Helena54 I love my Mountain Horse boots! I know they are for riding but I live in mine, used them for yard work, dog walking, out and about in Norway! They weren't too pricey and served me well for 4 almost 5 years- would of lasted longer but I am terrible at maintenance of them!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't wear wellies - but did buy a proper coat and walking boots when I had some money back at the start of the summer in preparation for winter.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >