Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 08:53 AM

What I've been Up To Now - Picture Heavy

Yesterday I put a new gate on the entrance to the front garden as Tawny has decided she can jump over everything, I keep finding her in the front garden when I get home and she is only one jump away from the main road then

As I was only at work for few hours yesterday I popped her into the utility room with Gracie as that has a higher stair gate on the door, making sure the toilet and bathroom doors were firmly shut!! Lo and behold she's in the front garden again when I pull up, she saw my car and shot back over the fence and the babydan to be with the others. Caught her out though cos even if I hadn't seen her she forgot I had put her in with Gracie

I've put a 6' gate on the entrance from the house and I shall build the fence up today. Then I re-fenced the small garden (where they all escaped from) with weldmesh so, fingers crossed they will stay put.

As Gracie is in full season I have nowhere to put her that will give her access to outside when I'm at work so I then built a pen within the small garden. I don't think she'll feel alone out there as she has lots of male admirers hanging around. I shall probably put her daughter Ebby out with her tomorrow when I go to work, theres no point in putting Tawny and Leonie with her as they can both jump the pen walls

This took me up to 8.30 last night so I was pretty wacked when I finally sat down. I have got some more slabs to lay but my back is aching (not badly) so I don't want to risk injuring it.

I'm going to pop to Tesco's soon then, when I get back, I've got some 6' chain link that I want to put all around the perimeter, as the wooden panels in the big garden are rotten I'm sure it won't be long before one of these monsters realise they can escape from alcatraz and I'll lose them again. At least this will be a second barrier to protect them, I'm not looking forward to it though, it weighs a ton and keeps bending in the opposite direction to where I want it to go

Here are some photos, they show Gracie in her new pen (please excuse the heras panels, they were up in there and I need to move them), Bailey on first guard duty of Gracie, the new fencing, the slabbed area as it is at the moment and the front gate.

Thanks for looking

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	hardgraftbaileyonduty.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	3890   Click image for larger version

Name:	hardgraftbedbox.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	3892   Click image for larger version

Name:	hardgraftgracie.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	3895   Click image for larger version

Name:	hardgraftgracieinbed.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	3896  
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:09 AM
You have been a busy bee lol!
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow sheree were do ya get your energy from xxdk ps it all looks great love all the babies xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 10:11 AM
OMG - no wonder you have an aching back!
Great work though, Sheree. Just be careful not to overdo it. You'll be no good to anyone with a back injury xox
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone, I've not done anything today, despite my best laid plans, I had a migraine just after I posted and haver been laid up, nausea, pins and needles in my hands feet and tongue, the works and I've only just got my vision back, I think maybe I overdid it yesterday as I had been in work also
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 01:25 PM
gosh are you sure you wouldnt like to do mine, dk was putting up fencing yesterday,too,me i was in bed
god hope youre ok xxzb
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
gosh are you sure you wouldnt like to do mine, dk was putting up fencing yesterday,too,me i was in bed
god hope youre ok xxzb
Thanks ZB, I'm feeling a lot better, albeit drained and headachy. I hope you're feeling better too, you sounded awful yesterday xx
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Hope you are feeling better, migraines are a nuisance aren't they?
Your handywork looks ideal, what lucky dogs you have
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2007, 05:43 PM
You have worked really hard but take it easy I think you must of overdone it.
I am sure your gang appreciate everything you are doing for them,if not they should.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2007, 06:47 PM
My goodness, where do you get your energy from? do you bottle it , if so , send some this way.

well done, ,now lets see those babies escape
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >