Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Dartmoor (picture heavy!)

We have had a fabulous day with our friends on Dartmoor, sunny, windy and cold but still very nice.
I took some pics for you

Haytor, with our friends climbing up the tor,

Post Bridge, with a German!!

Dartmeet,

Dartmoor prison, supposedly the most secure prison in the country.

Some natives!!

The youngest German!

Guess what!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:46 PM
You made it then to Dartmoor, not just a visit to a garden centre It does look beautiful and I bet your visitors loved it.

Ooh yum, those scones look delivicious - I'd be the size of a house if I lived down your way

The news showed a covering of snow on Dartmoor and the surrounding area this morning - did you see any sign of it?
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I really want scones now, but jam on first?! tut tut! Lovely photos hope you had a good day!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Lovely photos Jenny and I am glad to see the scone and cream and jam.
Glad the weather was nice enough for you to go.

I love Dartmeet last time we went there Michael our youngest was very young and tripped over a very small stone and hit his head on of the biggest rocks you could imagine.
Gorden had to carry him and run through the ponies and through to the car park with me and Mark trying to keep up they didn't have a first aid station then don't know if they do now.
We ended up at the little cottage hospital further up the road about 5-6 miles away for the rest of the day.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:54 PM
So glad that the weather was kind enough for your day out, and those photos are lovely. The cream tea thingy does not affect me one bit because I don't do sweet things so there The rest of it looks fabulous though.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I really want scones now, but jam on first?! tut tut! Lovely photos hope you had a good day!
Hehe, the Cornish way!
My research proves that you get more cream that way!
The views are spectacular and the Germans loved it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh dear Lynn, Kids pick their moments and places don't they? I expect they have to have First Aid now.
Bitkin, we were very lucky we only had 3 showers and they were quite light.

Jenny no sign of snow although the lady in the cream tea cafe told us there was a slight covering over night.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh you WITCH! I was looking at these familiar sights when you sneaked that CREAM TEA in at the end!

After the anticipated mature cheddar and pickle sarnie did not happen today - that's just about finished it off! something else I'd love to be chomping on right now and cannot!

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Lovely pictures Jenny looks like you had a good time , where is Pepsi

I have got a photograph of me standing on that bridge in 1977, happy memories...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh you WITCH! I was looking at these familiar sights when you sneaked that CREAM TEA in at the end!

After the anticipated mature cheddar and pickle sarnie did not happen today - that's just about finished it off! something else I'd love to be chomping on right now and cannot!

Hahahaha, sorry Tang, it was smashing too
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Lovely pictures Jenny looks like you had a good time , where is Pepsi

I have got a photograph of me standing on that bridge in 1977, happy memories...
Unfortunately Pepsi doesn't travel very well so we left her home. We said maybe next time when it is just Brian and I, we will take her but not drive so far. She will have to stay on lead, can you imagine her if she saw those sheep!
I think we should see the pic of you from 40 years ago
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >