View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2014, 06:32 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone
So far the weather sounds quiet out there I hope it is the same for everyone and that you all had a peaceful night.
I woke at 6am decided to get my chromebook from downstairs and come back to bed.
Dillon decided to get up here with me and is now snoozing beside me.

I hope all poorly peeps are well today and poorly pets too.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Morning Lynn!

Up early to drive the OH to the airport this morning. He always brings me a cuppa to wake me up, and the puppy!

I left Kibo and Sami sound asleep in my bed when I went out and the pair of them are still there, not a murmur from either of them, so I'll just leave them there until it's light enough to take them out

Hope your hand is starting to feel a bit better and for those of you that are affected by the flooding hope that you all get some respite from it soon.

Is it just me, or is anyone else longing for hard frosts and possibly even a bit of snow?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Morning Lynn and Anniebee

I think its mean't to be sunny and dry till darkness when the rain returns. I think I will try and get my sheets changed and washed and out on the line before I leave the house this morning as hopefully they will dry.
Certainly don't want snow and the dangerous icy roads that brings.

Hope everyone is ok and that hand is on the mend Lynn

Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Morning Lynn, Anniebee and fellow members,

Hopefully my 'logging-on' difficulties are now sorted I've got lots of catching up to do and I will sit down later with a cup of coffee and do that.

No change here on the flood levels as far as I can see but its still dark |The Thames appears the same as last night and hasn't gone in to the garage (OH will be happy about that) but I haven't walked down towards the road to see if the Bourne flood waters have spread more but the important thing is they don't meet in the middle.

Lynn I hope you hand is now improving but I fear it will be a slow process. .
Anniebee I can understand you wanting a colder snap now but personally I don't want any big freeze soon as I can't ice-skate

See you all a little later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Morning

I hope your hand is on the mend Lynn .

A frost would be okay Anniebee but no snow please.

Good to see you still here Jenny and I hope those rivers keep at bay.

No more fits, yay. Loki is just whining now but he's probably hungry and up for a walk.

Have a good day/
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Morning all,

The thought of going back to bed Lynn is very attractive. Only been back at work a couple of days and I'm knackered.

Puplet is getting used to me being up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning and then going back to bed. Hopefully she will just go back to sleep for Brian.

Off to work today for me then TMA tonight. Got to record a bit as well, which I am dreading.

Looks like a damp driech day here today, so today will be gross.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Morning Lynn, Anniebee, Bev, Jenny and everyone.

Still dark here, and although dry, it was lashing down again overnight, which is something we just don't want down south, the ground can't take anymore. I thought of you Jenny when I heard all the heavy rain, and to hear it's the same up at yours is bad enough, it's going to be ages until this lot drains and your life can get back to normal isn't it.

Lynn, don't blame you going back to bed, especially when you've got a big cuddle monster joining you

No, we don't want any ice on this lot do we, but I'd much prefer a cold winter than this, but perhaps not as cold as the States have it atm.

Zena had me in stitches last night Just when I wanted to go to bed, she went into play mode, so I had no option but to play with her on the floor. After a while I let her out and told her *bed* and she knows if she runs into bed she gets a couple more biccies. Well, she didn't want to go to bed did she, and just sat there in front of it, so I put on my firm voice and said *now bed* and with that, she leaped up in the air like a frog, landed in her bed and laid there with her tongue out the side laughing up at me waiting for biccies, oh lordy it was funny, she almost jumped up to waist height on me when she did that Oh how I love this dog of mine

I've done my knee in again, I twisted it when I got up off this puter chair and it hurts to walk this morning but on the ligament side and back. I'm hoping it'll ease off with a long walk and I'm going to have to get the strapping out again to be able to walk. Oh the joys of getting old.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, off to read e-mail now and I'll catchup later.

ETA: Morning Linda, so pleased to hear Loki is doing ok now.
Morning Lorraine, don't work too hard today
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2014, 08:39 AM
A quick good morning everyone I have Hannah again this morning and the jigsaw puzzles are calling .

I have acquired a lovely young man called Wesley to fix my roof but he can't come until sunday week. The storms have made a lot of work for roofers and they are like gold dust just now. So for now I will continue playing skittles with the buckets lined up on the kitchen floor

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Morning Annie lovely a cuppa a snuggle to wake up too.
Morning Bev god luck with the washing mine will be in the tumbler again. Mostly because I haven't got a line up yet and oh yes the rain.
Morning Jenny fingers crossed the rain stays away now and the rivers can subside. Also fingers crossed your logging on problems are now sorted.
Morning Linda good news about Loki.
Morning Helena. at Zena last night. She maybe thought you needed cheering up.

Dillon and I dropped back off to sleep and didn't get up till nearly 8.30 ,
I wouldn't mind some dry bright cold sunny days but not hard frosts that make the roads slippery or snow or ice.
Hand feeling a bit easier still slapping on the germolene and e45 alternatively on the hard skin I can bend the top part of my thumb easily now since creaming that up.
I do fear that some of the non stick dressings have stuck in places. Not looking forward to Friday. I hope they start to put much lighter dressings on now so the air can begin to get to it. Keeping it under wraps is only making it weepy. They aren't pulling the scabs off either I remember as a child being told not to pick a scab as it scars and doesn't heal.
Old ways are best in my opinion.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone. Hope the hand is more comfortable today Lynn.
Lovely image of your two snuggled up asleep Annieebe
Morning Bev.
Thank goodness those rivers have stopped rising Jenny
Pleased Loki has not had anymore fits LS
Morning Lore
Morning Helena, that dawg of yours does get up to some tricks doesn't she Look after that knee, I know what it is like to have a bad knee
Meg I would love to acquire a nice young man.....but my roof is fine
Granddaughter has sent me a video of her and her boyfriend going down the side of a mountain in a giant donut in the snow. Looks good fun, but not for me.
Looks like a nice day at the moment but I don't know for how long
Hope you all have a good day.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »