Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SilkyAlien
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2009, 02:12 PM

My 10 month Lurcher cross sits wonky

Ive noticed that my 10 month lurcher cross who I got from a sanctuary sits kinda of wonky, he always leaning towards his left and when he sits - one of his front paws is always slightly in front as if to balance himself.

Oh & he cant seem to sit straight away he has to kind of adjust himself before sitting as if he has to get his backend in the right postion before he can sit.

When he is lying down, the gap between his left hip and body is further away than his right.

A few days ago I noticed when i was stood a little bit behind him, he was stood with his left leg is slightly leans in and his left hind paw is turned in slightly.

Ive stood & looked since and it seem to be all the time its like that, not just when he says just when gets up for example.

Any suggestions what this could be
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2009, 02:44 PM
It sounds like the ''lazy sit''. There are 2 variations. One with both back legs sideways, and the other with one back leg vertical like a regular sit. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Welcome to Dogsey

It's difficult to say without seeing it in the flesh. Some dogs do sit lazily to one side (Marius does these sloppy puppy-sits sometimes too).

If you are at all worried that it is a possible health-problem though, I'd take him to the vets to get peace of mind.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 11:11 AM
If he's a very skinny greyhoundy lurcher, they never sit entirely right, it's those bony hips. Pharaoh always favours either a twist to one side or a full lie down and even then better on his side than front. On the odd occasion I get him in a 'proper' sit, it's more of a hover with his bottom close to the floor that a comfortable rest.

But agree with others. If you're worried then a trip to the vet may well put your mind at rest.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 12:46 PM
My last GSD never ever sat straight even when doing Obedience. She had no problems with joints or hips at all.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 08:05 PM
hi
at 10 months your dog will be like a gangly teenager unless he is lame after excersise or his muscles are not developed properly i wouldnt worry just yet,but as been said,if your worried have a chat with your vet
good luck.