Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 09:38 AM

wrong degree course

**is fuming**

applied to do a 3 year business and english BA degree - was well chuffed when i got the place

then i rings today asking what the timetable is and they dont know - ok - but they are not doing the english and business combined,, they are only doing business admin BA - still business degree i know but on ucas it says im doing a business and english BA.....

cant apply anywhere else as ive been 'accepted on this course' and thats final- not even through clearing apparantly

and to top the lot inmy already crap day and its only half past flipping ten,,, millies at the vets haveing x-rays and nicks lame

arrrghhhhhh
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Aww Suze - I really can't understand how they can change the course so drastically/get the course wrong on UCAS and not let you know? Something definitely wrong somewhere.

I would say the thing about clearing is nonsense. If it says on UCAS that the course is one thing and you're registered at the uni doing another, then something is very wrong and you should be able to change it. I also think it's rubbish as when my boyfriend got his results before uni, he decided to completely change his course that day *sigh*. Anyway, this meant getting in touch with his firm and insurance choices and getting them to reject him, which they did, even though he had the grades. He then went into clearing and enrolled on a completely different course. The only thing different is that you actually have a proper reason for getting them to reject you - they've either changed the course since you applied for it or UCAS have got it wrong. Both are unacceptable.

Hope that makes sense and that I haven't got the wrong end of the stick! I hope you can sort this - I really think you'll be able to.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks

im totally gutted - i even said to my mum about going to myerscough do to an equine course (i decided i hated horses after loosing tuscan but im sooo missing them right now) as im not stupid as i know a lot about riding and horse care (helps owning 2 and loaning 2 lol)

but mum flipped and said no - grrrrrrr

im just bu**ered tbh - i was also planning to buy another foal next year (grant) but now i cant - dont shout at me anyone thats not the the only reason i want to go uni pmsl!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
update on this:

went mad and emailed most unis where i live lol!

most doing business and none are doing english but still...

also emailed someone about a different course but tbh i would love to get into the uni i have literally just emailed back as its all brand new campus and 10minutes from my house!!

im sooo disappointed about the one i got into though changing my course - im going to ring them next week and speak to them

as an absolute backup - i have a place doing a hospitality diploma. - but i want to do a degree lol

If all else ffails im tempted to do a national certificate for a year then re-apply for uni
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Suze. A degree is hard work(I am sure you know this). You need to really want to do the subject you are studying. Please don't settle for second best. make sure you fight for the subject you want and not just choose a get out option.I don't want to sound condescending but there are so many universities near here that are easy to travel to there must be one that offers what you really want to do?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
yep thanks fudgeley

i want to go the uni near to home (chester but at the other campus?) dont want to psot here but im sure you know where i mean..

i didnt realise i could do business there,, i didnt apply there - but if i knew then i would have gone there straight away - im hopeing i can get in - if not i will go to the other business admin ba course this year and then apply chester (at other campus) for next year.... stupid i know but its what i want to do tbh - i think now after thinking about everything a degree will give me abetter career choices - specially in business,, and its a really intresting course imo.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Sounds like you have thought this through Suze.I would stick to the business as that seems to be what you really want to do rather than the hospitality.