Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Heated disagreement

For those of you who don't know I have two 23 year old cats, and two SBT bitches 3 and 18months.

And this is to work out my anger I have to tell you I just had a stand up row, and am still seething.
Cleo (cat) pottered out of the front door while I was talking to a neighbour who pushed a card through. We don’t live on a main road just an estate so she s perfectly safe I was chatting leaning on the wall as you do . When Cleo came flying through the wrought iron fence at full speed so fast she crashed into the conifer. A GSD was chasing her now my fence is about 4ft high with a hoop at the top so he didn’t jump it but stood growling an pacing outside the fence now Cleo had gone in, when a couple of blokes then came up and I half expected them to apologise but they never spoke and I was going to ignore them until one said “He almost got that one” I turned and looked at them then the other bloke said “He should have got that one it was old”
My neighbour Jill said “If you’re talking about the cat; it lives here” to which one said quietly “wouldn’t have lived anywhere if he’d caught it!!!!” indicating to the dog.
Well that was it I stood up to my full height of 5ft 2” and said “That cat your dog has chased is mine and if you let that dog chase it again it’ll be the last thing you ever do”
A small disagreement then occurred. Words were spoken- mostly I must admit mine.
Just then Oscar (cat) wondered out the front door – as he is prone to do when hearing my voice the GSD went crazy and the one bloke give him his due took me at my word but but the other egged the dog on. So I said “okay fair is fair” if you want to let him have a go at cats go ahead. But be careful.
They both stopped as I walked towards the front door and let the “girls” out Sal and Tess licked Oscar “they always do when greeting him” as I turned back I noticed the GSD was back on the lead.
Obviously chasing 23 year old cats, or any cat is okay but letting their dog face two young fit Staffies was obviously another kettle of fish. I said the bloke who had taken no notice previously. “I promise you mate if you let that dog of yours chase my cats I’ll come looking for you and trust me you won’t want me to find you.”

Sometimes I think my world is full of minor crisis.

Karen
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
theres some nasty peices of work about im afraid,and good for for standing your ground,and good for your girls,bet the blokes *sh*t them selves when they saw your two. hope your cats ok.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I tell you, sometimes - people - Agggghhhh
But I got a round of appaulse from my neighbours 4 of whom came out to "silently support me" they did not intervene because according to Mr Coke (elderly gentleman opposite) "You don't need no support to see off rabble.Karen"
But his two sons Kenneth and Dennis and their cousin Leroy (all bouncers in the city centre) and at least 6ft5" each stood apparently just behind me, in Mr Coke's garden. They'd come to put his lights up for Christmas.
And Alan from up the road a bit shouted down "And believe me mate you'd rather I found you than her if you harm them cats, keep the **** dog on a lead or else"
Neighbours eh who'd have 'em.

Female 

12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Go Karen, Go Karen, Go Karen YAY
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2005, 09:45 PM
How awful,glad your cats are ok,I would do exactly the same if it was my cats,haven't two staffies though to back me up though.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Well done you for standing your ground
Sal
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2005, 10:18 PM
good for you kazz!
i would have liked to seen their faces when you got the girls out!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Well done Kass that GSD is lucky it did'nt corner a younger cat
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 10:29 PM
god what is wrong with these people do they get kicks out of seeing a poor defencless animal chased and then most of the time killed it sickens me to think there are such people out there there all knob heads.
im so glad that your cat is alright god i know what i would of done if someone had let there dog chase my cat.
Big hugs to you for being brave and big hugs to cleo and to the girls
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks all I wouldn't have minded as much had she been younger (Cleo the cat I mean) she could more than look after herself back when she was 17 or 18. Or if the dog had just got loose or just chased her the fact they encouraged him annoyed me.

I have now put a throwaway camera in the porch so if I see them again I can take their picture so the plastic surgeon will know what they looked like before they let their dog chase my cat again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >