Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Daily Thread Monday 12th February 2018

Wow, it's dead on here!!! Mum and dad returned from Wales today, had a decent time
Got a call earlier, didn't recognize number and wasn't going to answer but thought maybe there had been an accident or something. It turned out to be a lad I was at college with, we were really good mates and he kept saying he was going to sort my dad's Jag...last I heard from him was 3years back when he said he would get in touch with a date for the car...never heard from him again and today he wanted to know if I still wanted the car done, was taken aback that I was getting it restored elsewhere....he wanted to leave it so my dad would sell it to him and half of me suspects that's what today's call was about
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Wow, it's dead on here!!! Mum and dad returned from Wales today, had a decent time
Got a call earlier, didn't recognize number and wasn't going to answer but thought maybe there had been an accident or something. It turned out to be a lad I was at college with, we were really good mates and he kept saying he was going to sort my dad's Jag...last I heard from him was 3years back when he said he would get in touch with a date for the car...never heard from him again and today he wanted to know if I still wanted the car done, was taken aback that I was getting it restored elsewhere....he wanted to leave it so my dad would sell it to him and half of me suspects that's what today's call was about
Odd it seems.
Been busy here with comings and goings.
Of course the big hairy beast gets walks - priorities you understand.

Girl from a few doors away wanted my dear wife to order flea drops for her cats. No big deal. Other than what she made of it.

Later her mum was up here - ordering clothing or something.

And then my neighbour and crew came by. Employment dispute. So I wrote a response for him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
...last I heard from him was 3years back when he said he would get in touch with a date for the car...never heard from him again and today he wanted to know if I still wanted the car done, was taken aback that I was getting it restored elsewhere....he wanted to leave it so my dad would sell it to him and half of me suspects that's what today's call was about
Hi Griffy dearest
What did that guy expect that you would just let it sit and rust until he finally got back to you Some people are really dumb Yes he wants to get it off you for peanuts, has he forgotten you used to work in a dealership and saw all the pricing information before any punters came in the showroom

Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Of course the big hairy beast gets walks - priorities you understand.

And then my neighbour and crew came by. Employment dispute. So I wrote a response for him.
Wow, I'm not sure I would do that, if it doesn't go the way he wants will he blame you wouldn't he be better going to an employment law solicitor yes I know they charge ridiculous fees.

Anyway, well done for helping out, you obviously still have faith in your neighbours. When we moved in here we had a horrible bloke next door, I nicknamed him 'neanderthal man' (He's snuffed it now BTW)
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Evening folks, thought I better post a small missive in order to bulk up the Daily!
Sure does look as if the whole performance is going for a "Burton" despite the best efforts of one or two stalwarts. Mind you, I've no room to criticise other members as I am very hit and miss with my contributions. So I'll just settle for hoping postings pick up again.
Loads of snow here but luckily the temperature is staying far enough up the thermometer to stop it from freezing solid.
Good news on the home front as a short while ago it was thought that my lovely wife had contracted a form of internal cancer so we have both been worried over this, however, following a long consultation this morning it has been declared that there is nothing to worry about and she has been declared completely free of it in any of it's forms. Big relief all round - is I think putting it mildly.
So as always it's bye fer now and see you soon.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2018, 12:24 AM
If you want something to liven you up a bit have a look at my post at the end of the daily thread for Sunday 11th Feb.
I await the cries of righteous indignation with anticipation and no little fear! lol !
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2018, 12:34 AM
I've slept the day away today. Horrific cold, but I'm hoping it's a short-lived affair.