View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 09:40 AM
It was his original home that for 3 years was so abusive and unpleasant. Doubtless if the RSPCA had known the condition Ben was kept in he would have been taken away.

But he wasnt and this would have scarred him for life. He has been with us now for some 6 years and is totally trustworthy, loyal and faithful. It does not matter a jot to me what he looks like or what his pedigree is.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Hiya Gnasher,

First off knowing what is in the mix can help in some ways, don't think letting people give there input hurts and maybe helpful.

Though ranting about these topics just gives the impression that this forum is unfriendly.
mcvegas27
New Member!
Female 

15-02-2018, 11:34 PM
People are so ignorant it's ridiculous. Beautiful dog!
Roedtan
New Member!
Male 

21-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Can't help with mapping the breed, but it is a beautiful dog!
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
Hiya Gnasher,

First off knowing what is in the mix can help in some ways, don't think letting people give there input hurts and maybe helpful.

Though ranting about these topics just gives the impression that this forum is unfriendly.
Yes it was very rude I thought. Just as Gnasher has the choice not to care other owners have the right to wonder about their dogs breeds. Also projecting their dog Bens issues onto other dogs is totally unnecessary. There is no reason to assume to the OPs dog is injured or damaged and it's just a way to talk about their own dog, but they could start their own thread. It looks like maybe a new member never came back due to a rude response.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
Yes it was very rude I thought. Just as Gnasher has the choice not to care other owners have the right to wonder about their dogs breeds. Also projecting their dog Bens issues onto other dogs is totally unnecessary. There is no reason to assume to the OPs dog is injured or damaged and it's just a way to talk about their own dog, but they could start their own thread. It looks like maybe a new member never came back due to a rude response.
You asked me where I had got my experience from, so I answered your question!! And by projecting Ben's issues into this thread succinctly illustrated the point that I was making - that it mattered not a fig to me what Ben looked like, as it happens I do know his "pedigree" but with rescues this is unusual - my apologies if I have offended you or anyone else ... I was rather rude I must admit.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2018, 12:38 AM
I wasn't personally offended, but I think the OP was. So being new could scare them off.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Need to toughen up then, although I am sorry for being rude. If anyone is offended by my rather blunt words then try being a medical secretary in a busy hospital at the moment!! My sincerest apoligies though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Need to toughen up then, although I am sorry for being rude. If anyone is offended by my rather blunt words then try being a medical secretary in a busy hospital at the moment!! My sincerest apoligies though.
It's not just you, I offer advice to people on training issues etc. They don't like what I say and are never seen again. I don't think I'm being rude but I'm getting exasperated. If you don't want the answer don't ask the question. I try to be matter of fact but honest but it rarely goes down well. I start to think why do I bother and then someone comes along and takes it in the way it was intended which these days comes as a surprise tbh.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Yeah I know what you mean ... I think the problem is you and I are of a similar age ... Im 64 ... and we were brought up in the days of no central heating, walkin to school, no namby pamby Nanny State cushioning our every fall. As I have got older ... and hopefully wiser ... I am less and less tolerant and more and more inclined to shoot from the hip!! Probably like me you have made every mistake in the book over the decades of owning dogs but have also achieved great things with difficult dogs. You are a generous; kind person with a deep rooted love of dogs and you like to help peeps who are struggling ... but quite rightly in my opinion dont want to faff about!!

Seems reasonable to me! We often differ in our views but I love reading your posts and learn a lot from you and them as a consequence.

Dont't change!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2