Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 06:46 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 25th July

Good morning everyone,

Lynn, that doesn't sound good re Michael hope they get to grips with it quickly and he will soon be better. Glad Gill is trying to keep her strength up and is eating a little. Fingers crossed for her scan tomorrow.

Eileen, glad you like the place you have in Portugal and the weather is lovely. Could be better here!

June, wish there was something we could do to get you back posting again, we all miss you and the tales of your lovely girls.

Griff, hope Dex gave you a better night last night.

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are ok.

Mandy, hope you are getting round a lot easier on that new hip of yours.

Besoeker, hope you are on the mend now and Max is still looking after you.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.

Hope you and Amber have a good day.

Pleased you are enjoying your holiday Eileen.

Lynn sorry you now have the worry about Mark but hopefully they will soon be able to find out what the problem is. Hope Gill's scan goes well.

Was lovely an sunny when I got up but now clouded over. Hope it doesn't rain as I want to mow the lawns.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Morning just Moyra and Sue and all to follow.

Yes a little worrying about Michael but at least he is getting tested. Gorden has a family history of diabetes and bowel cancer in his family. His nan mum's side died of diabetes of course in those days not as much known about it as now. Mum died early of bowel cancer and his uncle mum's brother developed diabetes when older but it was manageable and bowel cancer killed him he was 80 so not early like his sister and Gorden's mum who was only 40-41.
Of course my biological family history is unknown. So we are a little concerned about him.
We are hoping for food allergies or some sort of ulcer or ibs not ideal but better than what we are worrying about.
Other than that he is fine working enjoying life but it can be a little challenging he was saying some days on his train journeys to and from work.
Really hoping Gill's results are quick and favourable for her for more treatment.

Weather a bit odd here muggy dry and sun trying to get out.
I have to shift myself to tidy house and brush the Dillon.

Eileen glad you are having a nice time.
Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Agree Moyra it would be good to see June back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Hi All
Lynn, fingers crossed for both Gill and Michael
Dex cat had another bad night, so today i am buying a night light to see if that helps and a timed food bowl is coming tomorrow in case he is getting hungry early hours...we do put him to bed with a bowl of food but as his thyroid isn't right he is eating it all as soon as he goes to bed and due to his tummy probs he can't have biscuits so i am hoping the new bowl will help
Got to pop into the vets and order his painkillers so will pick up a night light at the same time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Morning griff.
Thank you for the thoughts re: Michael and Gill.
Do hope the timed food bowl helps poor Dex and you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Afternoon all. Well I have had a nightmare of an order from a well known online site. The said item a folding office chair came and when opened all the screws fell out. So contacted said site and I had to print off a label to send it back and take it to the post office. Huh!! Not impressed. I am now waiting for another courier to pick up a tablet that has gone wrong and is still under guarantee. Have been waiting for them three days now. Not a happy bunny.
Hope all others don't have these night mares. Still on the plus side sunny here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2017, 05:22 PM
What a palava brenda. I have had similar retrieving my proof of no claims discount for new insurer.

Had some good news about my engagement ring. We found out Friday it isn't covered under insurance if I had lost it then it would be.
So Gorden decided to take it into a jeweller in hatton garden where it was originally purchased. Not the same jeweller I don't suppose and he doesn't think it is.
He found a lovely little jeweller most of them are repairers to. Old couple very upset that I had to have it cut off and the diamond had been lost. One of the claws on the solitaire had come off that's why the diamond came out.
Also one of the shoulder claws is weak so they are going to replace the missing gold in the band, the diamond, and fix the claw on the shoulder repair some of the filigree work that is thinning and clean it. All for £175.
Really happy about it. They were upset as I had had it for 41 years and had to have it cut off.
We are going to try to tie it in picking it up in a couple of weeks with our globe theatre tour and afternoon tea out.
We will have to arrange for Mark to pop in and feed Dillon and let him out or ask Paul and Beth to let him in the garden and keep an eye and feed him at tea time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Hate waiting round for couriers...hope you get it sorted Brenda
Lynn, that is a very fair price....hope you can combine visits
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post

Besoeker, hope you are on the mend now and Max is still looking after you.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Improving, thank you. And Max is being a very good boy, so patient. He is an absolute gem. A rescue and we got very lucky.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Been with my friend who I have breakfast with every week, been support to her today, there's something really big going off. Hopefully be able to tell you about it soon. It's something not that good but hopefully will have a very good outcome.
Lauryn took Rosie out today, started of quite cloudy but turned into a really nice afternoon, sunny & warm. Says tomorrow going to be rain all day hope they are wrong
Brenda hope you get a decent outcome, I hate waiting around for couriers, esp when they don't turn up. I give them hell usually on the phone. Lol
Griff hope Dex is ok, once the night light & feeding bowl comes
Lynn brill that you found a decent family jeweller who can repair your ring at a good price. Hope you can combine the visit.
Besoeker hope you feeling better. What a great lad Max is.
Moyra hope you had a good day
Twinnie glad you having a great holiday