View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2016, 08:27 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 25th December- Christmas Day..

Good morning everyone and a very Happy Christmas to you all. Had a nice lay in this morning. ust get Amber out for her walk. Haven't read back yesterday's thread yet so hope all is well with everyone.

Griff, hope Deags is much improved.

Lynn, hope all is well with you and yours.

June, hope the girls are all ok and enjoying their Christmas Breakfast.

Norma, Mandy, Brenda, Sue and Barry, jenny and Kazz, Harvey and LG, hope you are all ok and going to have a lovely day.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-12-2016, 09:22 AM
A very MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL
Have a great day everyone
Lots of festive love n hugs from us all here xxxxxxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Have a lovely day everyone

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Christmas greetings Moyra & Norma and who follow

Moyra I read your post about the Carp and I understand how Steve would be upset if the fish in the lakes are being taken illegaly. I don't think people from outside UK have the slightest understanding of fishing rights and such matters.

Certainly in Eastern Europe if you can find a lake you can fish there but you might meet up with some 'locals' with guns and baseball bats so you need to be careful.

In the run up to Christmas all the town folk buy their Carp from sellers who have them live in bath tubs outside the supermarkets. I won't describe the rest. Suffice to say that was one of the reasons we didn't have it at Christmas time.

OK I'll be away soon, I am the head chefs bottle washer and general helper so need to be at my station in the kitchen ready to jump into action opening ovens and jars and washing up etc. We'll eat in about an hour and then the furries will want their walkies so have a good day everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Everybody sorted with bones and outside light left on, waiting for son to pick me up, he said one o'clock, so I am early. Gave me chance to skip the girls out before I went, meaning not quite so much mess to clear when I get home later
Have a great day everyone and enjoy your dinners
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Christmas greetings Moyra & Norma and who follow

Moyra I read your post about the Carp and I understand how Steve would be upset if the fish in the lakes are being taken illegaly. I don't think people from outside UK have the slightest understanding of fishing rights and such matters.

Certainly in Eastern Europe if you can find a lake you can fish there but you might meet up with some 'locals' with guns and baseball bats so you need to be careful.

In the run up to Christmas all the town folk buy their Carp from sellers who have them live in bath tubs outside the supermarkets. I won't describe the rest. Suffice to say that was one of the reasons we didn't have it at Christmas time.

OK I'll be away soon, I am the head chefs bottle washer and general helper so need to be at my station in the kitchen ready to jump into action opening ovens and jars and washing up etc. We'll eat in about an hour and then the furries will want their walkies so have a good day everyone.
Merry Christmas everyone! Dense freezing fog here this morning and all the paths are like skating rinks. My neighbour kindly took the dogs out for a walk this morning otherwise they wouldn't have had one and the pair of them are now snoozing on the sofa.

Very quiet today as Hungarians open their presents and have their Christmas meal on Christmas Eve evening ... I'm the only one in the village who celebrates on Christmas Day!

Losos ... In Hungary you have to have a state licence to be allowed to fish unless it's a privately owned lake. The majority of people buy their Ponty (carp) from the supermarket. Traditionally it's served as a soup highly flavoured with .. what else but paprika! Goose is also popular, but trying to find a whole turkey is nigh on impossible. I can buy fresh duck and goose legs from my supermarket and usually braise them in a wine and balsamic vinegar sauce! I've opted for roast beef this Christmas because beef is expensive over here and it's nice to have an excuse to buy a joint!

Anyway that's my ramble over and I'n now off to put my joint in the oven in the hope my meal will be ready in time to watch the Queen's speech at 4 pm (your 3 pm)

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Merry Christmas all, I have been spoilt!!! Hope you all have a terrific day, much love to you all xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Afternoon one and all. Just having a sit down before Michel and Margaret turn up.

Opened some presents more presents tomorrow when Mark arrives back. He rang Joel so far no call from his mum. The idea is she messages Mark he messages me and I give Joel his phone so he can take the call.
2pm and not a peep from her. He is out the front fishing.

Michael brought us some bits then emailed one of our presents Gorden knew about it.
A 2 night stay at a dog friendly cottage in the peak district few days before my birthday. He siad it is to say thank you for all we have done throughout the year for him and Maca.
I usually get a present at christmas or birthday which makes me cry. That one sure did.

Enjoy your christmas day everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Afternoon all.Um shouldn't that be Sunday or did you start celebrating early Moyra.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Afternoon all.Um shouldn't that be Sunday or did you start celebrating early Moyra.
A Christmas elf came and changed it to Sunday
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >