Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 11:56 AM

Bloody Postman

Got the post today - I don't know whether he's a new guy or whatever, but I was not impressed...

Instead of knocking and either waiting for an answer or taking the parcels next door like my usual chap, this one just opened the front door!!!
My three obviously came running to investigate - luckily they are all friendly and were more interested in saying hello than running away or attacking anyone, but what if they weren't?!

Scary stuff.
On the bright side, look at my pretty new dog table
Try swimming in your bowl now, Mr. Baggins!

zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
That is very rude, I hope you told him not to do that again grrr.
That table looks great, not sure if Frodo looks too impressed about it though
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
My postman is a lovely guy, but he has the misfortune of being a little bit scared of dogs. Not the ideal job I'd have thought!

I always give him a generous tip at Christmas, partly because he goes to a lot of trouble - if we're out at the beginning of his round, he'll call round on the way back, and partly because he has to put up with my dogs threatening to tear him apart (I keep reassuring him that they only want to grab the post and not him, but I think he still has his doubts.)

Bit foolhardy of your new postman I must say.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh wow I do like that fancy feeding table. Does the food store inside it?

Look on the bright side ... a postman that isn't scared witless of dogs! Plenty of postmen complaining about them and saying they won't deliver etc.

And hey you are lucky it was the postman if all the dogs are visitor friendly and you leave your front door unlocked. Coulda been the mad axeman! (Or someone coming to kidnap my little Blackface!)
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh wow I do like that fancy feeding table. Does the food store inside it?

Look on the bright side ... a postman that isn't scared witless of dogs! Plenty of postmen complaining about them and saying they won't deliver etc.

And hey you are lucky it was the postman if all the dogs are visitor friendly and you leave your front door unlocked. Coulda been the mad axeman! (Or someone coming to kidnap my little Blackface!)
Or you coming to kidnap him, Pat...*cough cough*
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Frodo looks suitably impress with his banqueting table
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
My postman is a lovely guy, but he has the misfortune of being a little bit scared of dogs. Not the ideal job I'd have thought!

I always give him a generous tip at Christmas, partly because he goes to a lot of trouble - if we're out at the beginning of his round, he'll call round on the way back, and partly because he has to put up with my dogs threatening to tear him apart (I keep reassuring him that they only want to grab the post and not him, but I think he still has his doubts.)

Bit foolhardy of your new postman I must say.
Your poor postie!
Well you know what they say - do something that scares you every day

Pup-pup is just miffed with me now he cant wash his feet inth bowl
It does indeed store stuff inside - all of their markies are hidden in there (shhhh, don't tell them!)

The racket they make when the door opens unexpectedly is enough to put any axe murderer off I think... and it it doesnt, then i think he's earned his murdering rights! Very brave
Definitely going to lock up to keep little Rory safe though. Can't have him "disappearing" off to Cyprus!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Have made mental note - she leaves the front door unlocked.

I am coming to the UK on the 22nd Dec!

I am now looking on eBay for a postman uniform lol!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Silly postman. Love the new table.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
That feeding table is superb!

If you see a female postie around Christmas time, then be very afraid Especially if the uniform doesn't fit very well and the wearer has an impressive tan!

Where we used to live in the middle of fields, our postie would always open the door and shove parcels etc inside.....he also wrote rude things on Saga envelopes! The thing is, he was always careful to shut the gate on the way in, and had taken the trouble over time to make friends with the dogs - he went out of his way to be helpful and would often take letters for posting to save me a trip out to the postbox.

The butcher would actually put the meat in the fridge if I was up in the stables or garden.

It was all rather nice actually, and I miss it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >