Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2013, 12:56 PM

A shock for Bogie!

I just caught Bogie completely inside a sack of wild bird seed (anyone would think I never feed him.) 'What are you doing?' I said sharply in my best 'how dare you' voice. He panicked and couldn't find his way out.

He looked a bit sheepish when he finally got out, but I bet he won't have learned his lesson.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:53 PM
They always look so comical when caught in the act lol.
Shame he didn't succeed
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Some dogs live for their stomach and the only thing to do is to remove temptation - as much as possible anyway.

In our house the phrase 'red-handed' has long been replaced by 'oat-muzzled' after an incident when said muzzle had been surreptiously dipping in a bag of porridge oats. She was wandering about acting completely innocent, with dried oats all over her face. So comical. Bad girl!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by TazJas View Post
They always look so comical when caught in the act lol.
Shame he didn't succeed
Don't think he was trying to suck-seed Taz, he probably was going to chew it lol x

Cheeky monkey though, Samson always looks guilty when he gets caught up to no good, but Sasha don't bat an eyelid and happily carries on doing it until she is physically stopped
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Bogie neither sucks nor chews - just swallows it whole!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
I just caught Bogie completely inside a sack of wild bird seed (anyone would think I never feed him.) 'What are you doing?' I said sharply in my best 'how dare you' voice. He panicked and couldn't find his way out.

He looked a bit sheepish when he finally got out, but I bet he won't have learned his lesson.
I know it's not funny really but this did make me laugh!

Bird seed? What the heck! You couldn't make it up could you?
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
We had to stop feeding the birds as Oscar would eat all the seed that fell to the ground, next door have a bird table so we now put bread on there but he's got into the habit of checking on the ground to see if anything has fallen off I've caught him a few times eating dry bread, anyone seeing this would think he never was fed.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
They're like hoovers aren't they - it must be completely tasteless, yet they have to have it.

I have a pet cockatiel who's a messy eater and chucks his seed around - the dogs are always sniffing around, as if they're lucky a piece of apple or cucumber might have fallen out, otherwise they'll just hoover up the seed. I always know who's been the most successful as it comes out undigested at the other end!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
They're like hoovers aren't they - it must be completely tasteless, yet they have to have it.

I have a pet cockatiel who's a messy eater and chucks his seed around - the dogs are always sniffing around, as if they're lucky a piece of apple or cucumber might have fallen out, otherwise they'll just hoover up the seed. I always know who's been the most successful as it comes out undigested at the other end!
I had a budgerigar when I lived in town - I had thought of getting two so they would be company for each other when I was at work but had nowhere for a large enough cage, so just had the one. She was a happy little bird who would spend hours chatting to her "friend" in the mirror, even when I was home.

Anyhow, I called her Chookie because she used to chuck her food everywhere! The Pet Store thought I must have at least half a dozen budgies because I was always buying more and more food for her, as most seemed to end up on the floor!