Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alashay
New Member!
Female 

08-02-2018, 07:17 PM

What is she? All black blue eyes!

My dog is now 9 months old I was told she was a husky pitbull lab by the owners and then later dna tested her and it was lab pitbull and ducktoller! I'm just confused about where the eyes are coming from as she's almost all black! Deffiantly see the pitty in her any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180207_170745_410.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	5886   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180103_175930_936.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	5887   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1922015067827768.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	5888  
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Who cares? Clearly you don't as you took her on in the first instance. Concentrate on what matters, not what does not. She looks stunning btw.
Alashay
New Member!
Female 

10-02-2018, 12:30 AM
What crawled up your ass? Was just interested if anyone in this DOG FORUM had a clue what she could be mixed with. Please feel free to take your shitty attitude elsewhere and yes she is stunning I'm aware
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2018, 04:54 AM
What test did you use? Maybe blue eyes from Pit? But she totally has something longer coat like husky or lab.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Fed up with people wanting to know what mix their dog is? Who cares? If you want to know the make up of your dog then buy a pedigree! Be satisfied that the dog is gorgeous and hopefully healthy.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2018, 04:11 PM
It's their dog what's to be fed up about? People being curious? No one has to read the threads if they are upsetting. Not everyone cares to have a pedigree because some people get a homeless dog from a rescue or shelter or a rehome dog. No one can guarantee anything, but if using a comprehensive DNA test it can tell you if your dog is at risk for testable diseases and give you a more accurate breed result to know if or what type of health issue too expect. So now days if you want to know the make it you can get a DNA, just need to get one of the better ones.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 10:30 PM
I just don't see it as being the real picture. If you rescue a dog that's great, but the most important thing is to fix the dog first and foremost if it is broke, closely followed by the best diet that you can afford, lots and lots of love and exercise - unless there is some medical issue that exercise has to be restricted. Exercise exercise and more exercise is the very best way to bond quickly with your new dog who is likely to be traumatised, terrified, even injured mentally, physically or both. The most unimportant thing of all is what the dog looks like - to a certain extent, knowing the mix can be helpful - if there is lab in there it is likely to love swimming and be very greedy for instance; but it is not important, because almost undoubtedly the dog has come with issues and it is THESE that are important, nothing else.

I just get really fed up with these postings asking what mix a certain dog is - it shouldn't be important to them ... what I am interested in is the history of the dog, the issues if any ... that makes me think that the people who have rescued the dog really care about IT as a sentient being, capable of feeling hurt, joy, loneliness, bereavement and whether the dog can be fixed.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2018, 03:27 PM
You speak of "issues" - health problems are issues, by knowing the breeds you can understand the potential health problems and be more aware of signs. Secondly, the DNA test often include genetic health screening (not simply breed testing) and many people have found out that their mixed breed suffers from multi drug sensitivity- this is potentially life saving knowledge. And that's among other discovered problems.

who is likely to be traumatised, terrified, even injured mentally, physically or both
Where are you getting this idea? A feral street dog maybe! The majority of dogs are not so poorly, thank goodness for the dogs sake.
I'd also think if a dog has any problems a poster wouldn't have any issue asking for advice, but it might very well be in a seperate thread in the appropriate section.

The most unimportant thing of all is what the dog looks like
That's probably some what true, but we can see what a dog looks like anyway. So no harm in that.

if there is lab in there it is likely to love swimming and be very greedy for instance
This mix is also likely to be people oriented and playful and higher energy It's also possible to suffer from hip dysplasia 25% Labs tested being dysplastic and Pit Bulls can suffer hip dysplasia, these two breeds have diseases in common like cone rod dystrophy 4 and degenerative myelopathy, so a mix can still have potential for them.

because almost undoubtedly the dog has come with issues and it is THESE that are important, nothing else.
Thats a major assumption and one that can't be substantiated. Dogs are wonderful animals that CAN have issues, but don't ALWAYS ("undoubtedly") have issues. Most dog owners also consider many aspects of their dog and ownership important, not just their dogs issues (if any even exist). The person never implied the dog has issues in this thread. I've had plenty of dogs who did not and some who did.

I just get really fed up with these postings asking what mix a certain dog is - it shouldn't be important to them
That's you're opinion, but you don't really have the right to decide what is or isn't important to some one. It is very strange for someone to feel so strongly about this, as it's pretty common place and not harmful to the dog. Can't see a reason why it shouldn't be important, if it was cruel or something that'd be one thing.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2018, 08:27 PM
I said ...

"who is likely to be traumatised, terrified, even injured mentally, physically or both".

Nothing to do with feral dogs! This description fitted my Ben when we first took him on - he wasn't feral, his last 2 homes had not been abusive mentally or physically - but he was a dangerous dog in that you had to be very, very careful about grabbing him by the collar because he thought he was going to get a beating. For the first 3 years of his life, he lived on a running line in a back garden with no shelter at all, just lying all day and all night on concrete.

There are many dogs who fit the description of traumatised, terrified and injured ... sadly. I am not sure why you expressed such amazement at my sentence.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2018, 12:47 AM
If he thought he was going to get a beating he had been abused.

Making a dog live like that is cruelty neglect on the long line without shelter. It's actually illegal here.

Many dogs might have issues, but thankfully not the average dog.

Maybe it is a difference in location. The OP and myself are in North America, don't get me wrong there are very much neglectful or abusive owners here.....BUT for the most part it's the exception rather than common place. So it's not very likely. Homes do vary but most rehomes are usually good dogs or have minor issues. Not physically injured for sure. Might lack training or manners.

I've had a few rehomes all were great dogs. One was neutered, obedience trained, well socialized and a mild mannered dog, but enjoyed a good walk or play.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >