Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Help needed with colour scheme

My problem is this:

We are completely redoing his lordship's bathroom, and so far we have a shower with white tiles; white loo; white tiles will be fitted on window sill and behind sink etc. The sink unit is white with a black top; the flooring will be black and various shades of grey tiles; the curtains are sort of creamy coloured with big bold flowers on, the petals of which range through black to a very pale grey, with a smattering of almost yellow ochre petals. (Sounds horrendous but they are actually gorgeous!).

The trouble I am now having is deciding on what colour to paint the walls? It needs to bring everything together doesn't it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2013, 06:51 PM
How about the same colour as the "almost yellow ochre petals" - can you still get those little tester pots of paint? Then you could try a bit and see how it looks.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Tile the walls!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Tile the walls!!!
With an occasional patterned/coloured one put in here and there.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I've got white walls throughout with a sort of dark battleship grey on the feature bits. It's not called white, it's called ASH.

I don't go for flowers or patterns on carpets, furniture or curtains or any sort of 'coloured tiles'. Plain throughout and all rugs are dead plain colour too.

I like black, white, red, terracotta, lime green and have to live with my airforce grey blue sunblinds throughout. But if I'd bought them they'd be white!

*I've had a black and white bathroom more than once in the past. Loved them. But had white tiled walls with black tiled fancy bit in the middle sort of tiling dildo rail!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry, I am still spluttering with laughter here at the "dildo rail" His lordship doesn't have one of those in his bathroom Tang, that was not helpful because now I cannot see to read.

TW - there is too much area to tile, but actually I could go with that idea purely because I could just go in and hose it down occasionally couldn't I.

All white would be too much white; yellow ochre to match the small splash of colour in the curtains would add a whole new block of colour which I don't really want to do.

Drat. This is hard. Maybe a soft grey
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:17 PM
When I changed the bathroom and had a shower stall fitted I had the whole lot tiled and have never regretted it. It isn't all white though, the tiles have a pale blue vein of colour running through them, then there is a 'dado' rail of dark and lighter coloured tiles, then underneath very dark tiles, a sort of negative of the lighter ones.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 10:44 PM
I would paint the walls white and bring the colour in with the accessories,towels etc.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Sorry I can only think of gold to match his apron, although I guess he takes that orf before he has to do his business
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Zoeyvonne, I have actually plumped for a sort of goldy ochre colour which perfectly matches the curtains!! I don't THINK he takes his pinny in there, but then who knows

If it looks rubbish, then it is no real problem to repaint it I suppose. I just felt that white would be too clinical somehow, and you know what men are like - it would soon look grubby

Why are they incapable of washing their hands, face, whatever without splashing the entire room
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >