Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Reaction to worming tablet???

Hi

Yesterday both dogs were wormed as normal with Milbemax. Meg was fine, but by teatime last night Mack started to get a dodgy tum, and it didn't stop till four this morning Mack has always had a sensitive tum, but has never reacted to worming treatment like this. Poor boy, he looked so sorry for himself.

He seems brighter today, and so far no more runs, I will give him a little boiled rice and either boiled chicken, or white fish later. So fingers crossed it is all over. But if it carries on, will get in touch with the vet.

What do you use? as I won't give him Milbemax again.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh poor Mack, give him a big hug from me!!
We use Drontal XL, so far so good.... They were wormed three weeks ago and all good
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Have used Milbemax for three of mine and no adverse reactions. Use Drontal Plus mostly but a couple of the Chis vomit them straight back up so have to use Panacur Paste for them

Suppose it's like everything, what suits one won't suit another

Hope your dog is back to normal pretty soon. Wonder if it could just be coincidence, that maybe he ate something whilst out for a walk, causing the trots, just a thought.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I have always alternated between Panacur and Drontal. Won't use milbemax - just don't want to risk it with the collies.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I know there is a boxer here with a sensitive tum and anything they try and worm him with makes him sick for days so they are only goint to worm if and when
I havent wormed Ben since he was a pup, I just get the vet to check him over when I am in
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I wormed Yogi last night with Drontal (which I always use) and he asked to go out at 2am, so I am guessing it upset his tum a bit. He is fine today though.

Hope Mack feels better soon.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks , he has a little bit to eat, but isn't very hungry, but he is drinking normally, he's just very quiet, which isn't like him. Will keep a close eye on him though.

Will try Drontal next time, as I don't want this to happen again.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Am I correct in thinking he has some Ute in him? I know a few NI have had pretty bad reactions to Milbemax.

I use Panacur on mine but thats because Misty is allergic to Drontal.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep,he is mostly Ute, with a bit of GSD. Ah, thanks for that, never knew that some N.I had reacted badly to it.

Will look into Panacur, thanks xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope that they do Panacur in tablet form. Otherwise, I think Panacur will work out very expensive for you.

I think it works out roughly 1 graduation per kilo. For mine not too bad, as the most I have to give is 3 graduations but for a large breed, well, I expect you'd have to use several syringes!

Maybe they do make Panacur in tablets but, if they do, I have never seen it. I mainly buy online and I pay about £5 per syringe of paste. From the Vet it's about £7 odd, I think.

I use Drontal for most of mine, even the new pups have drontal in liquid form and have had no problems. Just that two of mine vomit them straight back up, strange that Must have some sort of allergy to Drontal, I suppose
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >