View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 12:23 PM

I seem to have no life this weekend......

The airshow has arrived again and anyone from telford/wolverhampton area will know it's Cosford, problem is i live in the neighbouring village so i get a lot of planes going over, currently jets.

Once a year i always look across the room at a cowering shivering dog, she's currently cuddled up to me and i can barely type she's that snuggled in.

She calms down when we're not in according to my brother (she avoids him at all costs for no reason ) as we usually go down to a field to watch it.

I'm also currently frying due to closing the windows to keep the noise out and we're 20 minutes late for her walk so if anyone gets up she thinks they're getting her lead.

I wish she'd learn off the others:
The cat doesn't even wake up for it - sleeps straight through and currently passed out on my bed.
The guinea pigs have been brought in and just go into their house but i have two so they're getting comfort from each other.

This is the 10th time it's happened to her and bless her it's not getting any easier.

Anyone else in my area having the same problem? Be perfect if dogs could read and there was a support group for them
May be able to risk getting her out soon as it seems to be calming down but otherwise look like i'm the protector this weekend

Just the 6 hours for her to get through tomorrow as well as my dad running out the house to look at the planes and leaving the door open?! :@
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 12:40 PM
It's such a difficult phobia to work through, especially if you don't have jets flying over regularly, as you can't predict when they are likely to be there to be able to work on the problem all the way through.

We have jets going over most days so my little one has been accustomed to them from day one, thankfully.

If you do have a fair idea when they are likely to fly over more frequently, perhaps something to help calm her may be helpful. There are pharmacological as well as homoeopathic treatments that may just help her through the worst of it.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 12:44 PM
There's no idea apart from they'll stop around 5 ish so may leave her walk until then.
I have been giving her carrot to try and distract her but when they're within a few streets she stops and resumes shaking.
Luckily she's been ok the passed decade, it's just not nice leaving her when it's obviously what's best for her.

We do get the Birmingham jets going over every few hours but i still live about 40 miles away so they're still pretty high