Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2012, 02:58 PM

A comment that was rather nice to hear!

Someone I had not seen for a while just popped in while passing, looked at Pereg and said "Oh dear, she is so thin, I do hope she is not ill". Thin? I would not say Pereg is thin, but the last time this person saw her was before the very strict weight-reducing diet, and yes, Pereg is not the overweight-on-the-way-to-obese dog that she was then.

The diet is working, the diet is working, the diet is working!

So why is my own diet not working?
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2012, 03:05 PM
LOL You dont really need telling do you? But at least one diet is working obviously. Well Done.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Well done Malka......and the beautifully svelte Pereg! x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I am happy for you that the Pereg diet is working, well done and it goes without saying that she will be feeling much better for loosing some of the excess

Now, why is your diet not working well I could ask myself the same question, I don't think I eat excessively, but at the same time I know don't exercise enough, but then I don't have the energy and I expect it's the same with you.

Of course you could try taking the batteries out of the Silver Monster and pushing the wheels by hand that would shift a few calories wouldn't it, not that you really need to loose any (in my opinion.)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Ah yes, the batteries - when the Delumptious Doron came round to fix on of The Silver Monster's rear lights, he checked his batteries. Now these batteries cost a small fortune, far more than car batteries, and are only guaranteed for 12 months.

I, of course, have no idea when I bought The Silver Monster [I have the receipt and guarantee filed neatly away] but when the Delumptious one checked them the date on them says I have had The SM for 2 years and 3 months, which means I must have bought him soon after Little One died. Hopefully the batteries will last a while longer...

So, the diet. Pereg starts nagging "I am hungry" and I point to the clock and say "when the big hand it pointing straight upwards"... anything to keep her mind of food, and it works. As does weighing her food as she now knows that what she gets it what she is going to get.

I really am a horrible mean mommy.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Well done. I know how hard it is shifting some weight of a dog with their pittyfull whines. I had to shift about 7kg of phoebe last year. I had a grumpy doggy for a while
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Someone I had not seen for a while just popped in while passing, looked at Pereg and said "Oh dear, she is so thin, I do hope she is not ill". Thin? I would not say Pereg is thin, but the last time this person saw her was before the very strict weight-reducing diet, and yes, Pereg is not the overweight-on-the-way-to-obese dog that she was then.

The diet is working, the diet is working, the diet is working!

So why is my own diet not working?
Because you dish up your food not your DOG!!1
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Well done
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Well done for persevering with your beloved Pereg.

As for yourself - well I've seen more fat on a chip!

You are NOT fat woman! And you need a little 'cushioning' to protect you when you take a tumble!