Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:42 AM

Just made me smile...

well yesterday me and the OH had had a row, because he couldnt be bothered to drive somewhere so the dogs could have a good walk. so i got in a mood with him and it all got blow up out of proportion.

we went to pets at home because i needed to get some food, and he stayed in the car to prove his point he was a miserable so and so.

so i went in, still fuming, walked up an aisle, and there wagging his tail at me was a flatcoat retriever... so i said hello, gave him a good old fuss and cuddle, talked to the owners, and came out smiling, completely forgotten the arguement

didnt think they had managed to worm themselves in to my heart that much
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Aww bless - I've just took Louie to post a letter and used the short walk as a training exercise - he was p*ssing me off - bad trainer not bad dog though but then this gorgeous 11 week old English setter was just being tied up outside the PO and I just had to have a fuss and ask if she'd swap

So me and Louie had a better walk back home and did some training in the drive.

Glad everythings been forgotten.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Aww thats nice, mu hubby is the same, he is a fair weather walker so i end up taking both dogs and the three kids out in the rain mud and cold! the kids do love it but it'd be alot easier with the two of us! When its dry he doesn't mind walking for hours!

Glad the FCR made you feel better, is there room for one more?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Aww thats nice, mu hubby is the same, he is a fair weather walker so i end up taking both dogs and the three kids out in the rain mud and cold! the kids do love it but it'd be alot easier with the two of us! When its dry he doesn't mind walking for hours!

Glad the FCR made you feel better, is there room for one more?
id love another dog, and flat coats seem to have stolen my heart, even though i didnt realise till yesterday just how much
there probably would be room for another, but nana isnt keen on big dogs so couldnt have one here could keep trying though cost wise i dont think it would be much different, yes i have two small dogs, but i feed raw, and i dont think it would make much of a cost dent to my pocket.. and as for exercise, id like a dog i could take out in the snow and it wouldnt get buried underneath it
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 01:43 PM
How lovely, flatties have definite adorable qualities that would cheer anyone up! I often bump into dogs whilst I'm walking to work and they always put me in a better mood, there are my regular goldies, lab/poodle and dalmation and then an occasional gordon setter, beagle and dog de bordeaux, they're my pre-work pick up!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
How lovely, flatties have definite adorable qualities that would cheer anyone up! I often bump into dogs whilst I'm walking to work and they always put me in a better mood, there are my regular goldies, lab/poodle and dalmation and then an occasional gordon setter, beagle and dog de bordeaux, they're my pre-work pick up!!
well i work with flatties. it was my day off so i obviously hadnt had my flattie fix for the day its funny because i never realised how much i liked them. i mean i like them but i always had the view i like them, but wouldnt choose one to own...