Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2008, 04:49 PM

ARGH! Greedy Farmers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The EU has tried to ban harmful pesticides that are known to cause cancer and birth defects (scientifically proven) and the farmers union and surprise surprise some politicians are trying to block them

For the majority of people out there who feel like crap, have disease that is not gene related (such as arthritis) - you need look no further than the rubbish that is put in our foods.

And all these rich ******** such as the politicans and millionaire farmers eat organicly grown fruit and vegtables, not touching the stuff they produce with a bargepole

This is a subject that is close to my heart as I know first hand how damaging the crap in foods can be.

See the vid here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7703814.stm

The thing that riles me most, is the senior politicians and food manufacturers know full well about this yet they don't care - the only thing they care about is making money, not giving a second thought to you or your loved ones dying from disease caused by their actions.

Thank god for supermarkets such as Marks and Spencers and Sainsburys - who at least go some way in sourcing foods that try to use safer alternatives.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Imagine how worse it is for dog food!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
what types of pesticides are they looking to ban?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Those that have been scientifically proven to be hazardous/toxic/harmful and are still being used in the EU food supply chain.

Check out the pesticide action network website for more info.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I saw this too, and I was very pleased, but I didn't know that OUR politicians etc. are trying to block it!!!!

Having had horses on farms where pestiscides have been used on a regular basis on crops, I'm surprised I'm not seriously ill myself, even more surprised it didn't kill off my horse! I've seen an article on my local news where this poor family live right on the edge of a field which gets regularly sprayed, both her parents are seriously ill through it, and she's been fighting court battles for years, but they won't do anything, the farmer can do what he wants on his own land!!! I was only saying to somebody today, I honestly think, the reason every single one of us nowadays knows somebody who has or has had cancer or is unfortunately no longer here, is down to the c*ap they put on our food, they put in the air, and they spray on our crops and land!! Some of this stuff is absolutely lethal too!! I've seen farmers wearing clobber resembling a space suit just to spray c*ap on their crops!

Let's hope and pray the EU get this one through then!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Someone I know fell into sheep dip (organophosphate) many years ago - she went on to develop a number of ailments which she (and many others believe) is down to that. I feel so sorry for her - if you saw her you'd cry, she is so frail and a shadow of her former self

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/572960.stm
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
And all these rich ******** such as the politicans and millionaire farmers eat organicly grown fruit and vegtables, not touching the stuff they produce with a bargepole
Abit off topic, but you don't need to be rich to eat organic. I'm a student, but I am part of an organic veg box scheme which is actually cheaper than buying organic from the supermarket.

It's all locally grown, or if it's imported it's never air freighted. I spend less on my grocery bill and waste much less as well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Someone I know fell into sheep dip (organophosphate) many years ago - she went on to develop a number of ailments which she (and many others believe) is down to that. I feel so sorry for her - if you saw her you'd cry, she is so frail and a shadow of her former self

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/572960.stm
Oh that is lethal stuff, I do know that much!!! If she fell into , then there is the possibility that she also ingested some of it!! Poor woman, the repercussions of that could be mind boggling as the years go by.