Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 09:29 AM

What do your dogs score as?

Using the dog size-o-meter what would you score your dogs as? Honest answers only, as its about your dog, and could be of benefit to your dog.

http://www.pfma.org.uk/images/file/P...0070809(1).pdf

More info about this if you want it can be seen here.

http://www.pfma.org.uk/pet-care-prof...ze-o-meter.htm

Honestly I think I would score Honey and Diesel a three, yes you can see their ribs, but they are a type of dog where you would expect to, I can feel some fat there, and their tuck up, and waist is what although more obvious then other dogs, is normal for them, as type IMO anway should be taken into consideration for this too, as whats ideal for them would be totally different to what is ideal for a breed like a Labrador.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I would say Tassle is hovering between 2-3 (She has put on weight since she has been on the F4D and put on about .5kg - still maybe needs another .5)

Gabe is looking good at the moment (also down to the F4D)

Trip is looking good -

Siren is definitely 3....have to work very hard to keep her off 4!

Zeff....well - I think we are nearly at 3 (But really he is a 2 looking from above )
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I think Kiba would be a 3. His ribs are easy to feel (he is double coated as well so you definitely wouldn't expect to see them).

The GSP I've got in at the moment would be a 2 ... possibly even a 1 his hipbones, ribs and spine are protruding, he's got very little fat but he does have quite a lot of muscle. He's quite distressing to look at. I'm trying to feed him up a little whilst he's in here by supplementing his crap brand dog food with tripe and eggs from my own pocket.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Mine are both a 3. I carefully monitor their food and treat intake so they dont get too fat and if either of them is looking a little more slender than usual they just get a little bit more food. But to be honest i've found the food and amounts that work for them so its easy I just have to make sure Quinny stays out of the dustbin xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Mine are a bit hairy
I would say between a 2 - 3 - but thats just because they have a better looking tucked up tummy than a lab
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Cali and Belle would both be a 3 but Kwame would be between 2 & 3 as he has lost a bit of wait due to Belle being in season
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm glad to say Lana would be a 3. I'm always watching Lana's waist to make sure she doesn't get fat. She does get about 600grams of food per day which is too much according to what I've read, she should be on about 400grams but she's a very active dog so I seem to be feeding her right.

I see so many overweight dogs in the park and would hate to allow Lana to get too fat.
RubyMay
New Member!
Female 

13-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Ruby is a three I think, although can easily tip over to a four. She LOVES food and will happily finish off anything Alfie leaves. Fortunately, she is also extremely energetic. The vet recently declared that she is in peak physical fitness

Alfie was a 1-2 when we adopted him and I would say is now between 2-3. His condition has hugely improved and his energy levels and stamina are increasing all the time.
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Bobby is a 3 I would say. He looks like a little chubby pup because he has a lovely curly coat, but when he is wet and it all flattens down you can see his shape more clearly.

I can feel his ribs and his backbone but you can't see them so I reckon he is spot on.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I am happy to say all of mine would be 3s, we monitor Cassies weigth carefully so she doesnt go to a four and Ela has in th elast month put on some weight. She would have been a two but we have gotten her to 31kg now
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »