Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tim25 View Post
Well if I do get a border collie it will depend very much on its temperament. If its a true worker dog with high herding instincts it won't be suitable for me. If I find one which has lived as a house pet before then maybe I will consider it, but otherwise no. I should imagine a lot of BC's would like to give my cats the run about too so thats a no no lol.
Indeed they would if they have working/herding instincts. We have 5 cats and Tess is just being stopped from doing this by drawing her attention to other things....plus our cats are used to BC's so they whollop her
Tim25
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I found a really lovely BC in peterborough not too far from me, 2 year old called Rufus "He loves his walks and is very relaxed and easy going"

Might be worth going to say hello to this guy . Maybe next weekend.

http://www.petsneedyou.org.uk/border...scue_cases.php
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 10:36 PM
He looks lovely, if you see him make sure you go out for a walk with the people so you can see him in action see if they have any history too ...Good luck with your search
Tim25
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2010, 09:15 AM
There were some more pics of him on the websites forums, hes really lovely... if he's there still think there will be a lot of interest for him.

Something about his eyes in that last one going to give them a ring and ask about him.

So I know I've got everything...
- Make sure he's neutered (don#t want any surprises lol)
- Microchipped?
- Relaxed temper/reduced working instincts
- Good with cats!

Anything else I should ask?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tim25 View Post
There were some more pics of him on the websites forums, hes really lovely... if he's there still think there will be a lot of interest for him.

Something about his eyes in that last one going to give them a ring and ask about him.

So I know I've got everything...
- Make sure he's neutered (don#t want any surprises lol)
- Microchipped?
- Relaxed temper/reduced working instincts
- Good with cats!

Anything else I should ask?
Yea is he a chewer...just looking at that lead clip

and Im sort of wondering why they have him on two leads extended....is that because he can not be off lead....mind I am sure you can sort re-call out
Tim25
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll have to ask about if he's a chewer. I just noticed they house check, which is fine I have no problems. They ask you have a fully fenced in garden. Now I have a big garden, but it extends around the side of the house and the front... which is next to a road. There is a strong wooden gate and a wall (about 5ft high). I hadn't thought of it until now, but how big a problem would that be? If let out I would always be there to supervise it make sure it didn't do anything silly... but would they say no to rehoming him here because I don't have a fence. If Rufus was good at recall would it be an issue? I'm just worried that if he likes to chase cars he might do something foolish and get him or someone else hurt in the process
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I think all you can do is ask them for a homecheck and then you will know if they think things are suitable, and you can ask questions too
Tim25
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-04-2010, 07:37 PM
They got back to me today seems Rufus went to a new home last Friday so just missed him. Disappointed as he seemed a really lovely doggy...
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6