View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2005, 06:00 PM

Spots...allergy? acne? dirt in pores? How to treat?

Noticed earlier when Vegas rolled over-he has about 10 spots near his willy and 1 was on it!

They look like conventional red spots a human would get during adolescence and not got a clue why he has them there.Is is just dirt which has gotten into the pores of the skin and nothing to worry about???

I cleaned his skin up (very little fur round there) with baby wet wipes and speared a load of Germoline on them (yes-including his willy,but im not squirmish!).
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Have you got any Hibiscrub Steve cos it might be better cleaning them with this rather than baby wipes. Its only about £2.85 for a big bottle from the chemist and is stops germs. Sounds a bit like an allergy rash but might not be - is he scratching it or biting at it at all?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2005, 06:22 PM
They dont appear to irritate him Foxy and he isnt licking round there no more than that any other dog would do.

I'll pop to the chemist tommorrow-cheers!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 06:25 PM
hi steve

bruno had something similar when he had reaction to the harvest mites and he didnt seem bothered by those particularly - but they looked like zits with pus in them ??he ended up getting a steriod injection to clear up the reaction but thats because on his coat they were actually itching him - he didnt seem bothered by the ones underneath so maybe that was just a coincidence at the same time
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
They dont appear to irritate him Foxy and he isnt licking round there no more than that any other dog would do.

I'll pop to the chemist tommorrow-cheers!

Yes I would just wipe it over with Hibiscrub diluted in warm water and cotton wool and just keep an eye on it - they will probably just disappear again as quick as they come
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I just looked at Georgie's bits for you Steve, and he has some too?? He's always had some little, what I'd call pimples there. There's no head on them like a zit, but they're raised pimples? He always had them, so I never really worried about them, but maybe Vegas has bigger ones erupting? Foxy is right, the Hibiscrub is very good as it's antibacterial and kills just about everything. Whatever you do, make sure you wash it off thoroughly coz it is very toxic if they lick it - it says that on my bottle anyway!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Howdy Danni

The spots on Vegas havent developed white heads-just red lumps.I'll give the hibiscrub a try because thinking about it now-Vegas has a habit of laying down in mud (like he did earlier on field) and think dirt has gotten into his pores.He hasnt attempted to lick the Germoline off i applied earlier so hopefully this will do some good tonight.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I just looked at Georgie's bits for you Steve, and he has some too?? He's always had some little, what I'd call pimples there. There's no head on them like a zit, but they're raised pimples? He always had them, so I never really worried about them, but maybe Vegas has bigger ones erupting? Foxy is right, the Hibiscrub is very good as it's antibacterial and kills just about everything. Whatever you do, make sure you wash it off thoroughly coz it is very toxic if they lick it - it says that on my bottle anyway!

God-i bet someone would love to be a fly on the wall with us examining our dogs genitals Helen!
I'll give the Hibiscrub a go tommorrow and let ya all know how we get on.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 06:42 PM
let us know - it could well be "teenage" spots - bruno doesnt mind in the least me examining his bits but as you say to be a fly on the wall !! LOL
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi ~Steve...

Get Hibiscrub from the Chemist and not the Vet...much cheaper! Hope it works...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >