Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 10th November

Good morning all, Hope everyone is in fine fettle.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2017, 09:32 AM
I can see you too. good morning
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Do you know I always wondered what you looked like. rofl!!
Good Morning all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you have a good quiet day Moyra

So sad about Poppy Lynn but also nice that they didn't have to make the decision.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, washing out and housework done so now time for a coffee.

Yesterday the postman broke the draft plate on the back of the letter box so Barry is following his parcel and will be ready to pounce Teazle and I are keeping out of the way!

Hope all are keeping well both two and four legged.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Good morning all.

Breezy here got Moms jumpers on the line..............
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Morning everyone - just a quick missive from a very wet and windblown patch of northern moorland.
Sorry to hear about your neighbours dog, Lynn, poor lass. At least it sounds as if the end was quick and she was at home, though that said, it doesn't make it any easier on her owners and family, also Bun must be wondering what has happened.
The llama looks as if it is contemplating some sort of sinister south American subversion. I've never taken to them myself although they are meant to be very good minders for your sheep as they will put up a very spirited defense of their woolly comrades should a fox or wayward dog appear. There are some folk down the valley from us who advertise llama-trekking, this involves walking for half a day around the countryside whilst the llamas carry your sandwiches for el fresco dining in specially designed leather back packs. I am told the pastime is very expensive but of course an absolute bargain if one is besotted by the strange, spitting, bad tempered Andean herbivores.
Well back out into this wretched weather for me, although the dogs don't mind the darned stuff one little bit.
Take care all and as usual, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Afternoon all. Been out for breakfast and found an amazing place not far from here. Farm reared meat and locally grown veg some brilliant animals and we saw some red kites flying overhead.

Well i couldn't get anything slightly related to Poppy so we ended buying a Viburnum it is called Lislarose and flowers through the winter into spring. Dropped it off as we came in they are heading off to Dorset with the children and Bun as it is George's 12th birthday tomorrow.
Bun is so sad she has only ever known a life with Poppy.

Gorden is now live chatting with a manager at BT. So now it is going to need traffic management and digging into the ground taken them a week to let us know that. I said tell them I will direct the traffic.
Apparently the came and checked out the exchange outside our house yesterday.
1) we do not have an exchange outside our house.
2) I kept popping out yesterday to see if any engineers had turned up to take the lid off the offending pit with our damaged wire in.and saw no engineers unless of course they were wearing invisibility capes.
He is now looking for an alternative whatever that may be ? Gorden said some super charged mobile phone that gets a signal.

It's the lies that get me. Good job it's not me dealing with them the air is blue with my ranting as it is if I were dealing with them they would bl**dy know it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Oh Lynn it must be so frustrating. Have you managed any feedback from Gill. So sorry about Poppy maybe it will be good for them all including Bun to get away for a few days. What is it with us Lynn, we just do not have the tolerance we had when we were younger. I know I don't. Anyway himself is home so think it is time I called it a day!
Goodnight all .God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Latest BT update a text did eventually get through we will get an update about works to be done next Friday 17th. They will ring my mobile. I am out that day so may get the call.
Gorden has siad repeatedly he is not sure it needs digging that is not the impression the engineer gave us Monday he did say if he was underground trained he would of fixed it the same day.
I think the intolerance with incompetence Moyra comes from the day when if we had behaved in such a way we would of been given a good kick up the backside or our P45.

Managed to catch up with Gill we had some signal for a short space of time. She has been out with her friend which was good as it is the anniversary of our sister being killed today. I was only 2 so have not much memory of her except for what I am told.
I do have a photo and know she looked after me when mum was under the weather as did Gill.
It is worse for Gill as she was 13 when Angela died.
She had a good day out so I am pleased about that and she still has no stair lift what is is it with incompetence today ?

Paul, Beth the children and Bun will hopefully have a good time and need it the only thing is when they come home it will feel strange again I'm sure.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Evening!.
Trust that all two legged and four legged friends are well.
My dear wife does the early stroll locally. It's the day of the refuse trucks that empty the bins in the park and Max seems to think they need to be herded so she has to be back by 08:00

Later, the supermarket. I walk around the perimeter and sometimes there is a homeless girl there. Max seems to have taken to her. And she fusses over him.

After that, it was the big park. It's a lovely place to walk and meet other dogs and their owners. It was clear but bitingly cold with a lazy wind - one that blows through you rather than round you......

Max hurt one of his legs chasing a squirrel. He limped slightly for all of ten yards then back on the chase.

There were fireworks yet again tonight but we give him a melatonin capsule and that calms him.

And a piece of non-dogsey news. My cousin's husband is off to run a marathon there in a few days. He does it to raise money for an autism charity. I thought he deserved a mention. I wish him well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >