Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 08:22 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 1st November

Good morning all. Another month gone. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above things safe and well. God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all. Another month gone. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above things safe and well. God bless.
My good wishes to all too.Halloween done and dusted. We had 113 little charmers. About par for the course. There might have been more but I shut up shop at 20:00. Many of the them knew Max so it was a treat for him too.

Today we are going to the rescue centre where we got him. No, not to give him back! Not in a million years!

My dear wife made a contribution and the reward is a surprise dog treat package. We also have a few dog things that we will offer.

Then off to The Farmer's Boy for lunch.

Hellish life, init............
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
My good wishes to all too.Halloween done and dusted. We had 113 little charmers. About par for the course. There might have been more but I shut up shop at 20:00. Many of the them knew Max so it was a treat for him too.

Today we are going to the rescue centre where we got him. No, not to give him back! Not in a million years!

My dear wife made a contribution and the reward is a surprise dog treat package. We also have a few dog things that we will offer.

Then off to The Farmer's Boy for lunch.

Hellish life, init............
Sounds a lovely day no idea how many we had for Halloween but quite a few and all dressed up lovely; any more thoughts on getting a cat? does the rescue rehome cats as well if so take a carrier.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Morning Moyra; Thanks for the good wishes, and what are your plans for the day?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Morning Moyra, beseoker, Kazz and all to follow.

What a worrying night here. Dillon decided around 6'ish to have a rather large dose of the gulps. Seems very common in Bernese. He will insist on playing after feeding we usually just do a gentle game no bouncing about but something caught his ear in the garden. He pelted down the garden and back up to tell me he had seen whatever it was off. Soon after we had the episode of the gulps he has had them before but a biscuit and him eating grass usually settles it.
We needed cuddles and gaviscon this time.
He seemed unsettled most of the evening so i slept in my clothes downstairs till 12.30 then went up to bed as he seemed properly settled but still in my clothes as I was expecting an emergency dash to the vet.
Did begin to wonder had he got a fish bone stuck he had sprats for tea or was it the beginning of bloat.
He woke me at 4 to go out seemed a bit gulpy again so gave him brown bread another trick a lot of us berner owners pass on.
That seemed to help so I tried to kip for a bit on the sofa again.
Anyway by 8 he wanted his breakfast nothing stuck it seems and been for a walk and had a little game.
All back to normal hopefully so worn out here. With stress and worry.
It's his birthday tomorrow he is 6 and I had all these horrible thoughts going on in my head last night and early this morning.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Awwwww no Lynn, how worrying for you...glad he seems o.k
We had no trick or treaters!
Brenda...i will have to watch Holby now Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Quiet night here to re: trick or treaters.
Having a quiet one today washing coats and fleeces and giving him a groom in a bit and then popping hoover round.
May sleep the rest of the day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Morning Moyra; Thanks for the good wishes, and what are your plans for the day?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Good morning everyone

Have a nice day out Besoeker.

No tick or treaters here Kazz although they were about as I pick my son up from the station. A lot of older kids too so hope they didn't cause any trouble.

Do hope a call from Gill's consultant will hurry the stair lift Lynn. What a worry for you last night with Dillon but glad all is well now.

Lovely day here. One load of washing dried and ironed just the sheets to go now but they are out on the line so will be iron this afternoon. Been tidying the garden again and so far three bags of acorns and leaves off the flower beds. Hopefully the rest of them is just a tidy up and a trim of shrubs etc.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, beseoker, Kazz and all to follow.

What a worrying night here. Dillon decided around 6'ish to have a rather large dose of the gulps. Seems very common in Bernese. He will insist on playing after feeding we usually just do a gentle game no bouncing about but something caught his ear in the garden. He pelted down the garden and back up to tell me he had seen whatever it was off. Soon after we had the episode of the gulps he has had them before but a biscuit and him eating grass usually settles it.
We needed cuddles and gaviscon this time.
He seemed unsettled most of the evening so i slept in my clothes downstairs till 12.30 then went up to bed as he seemed properly settled but still in my clothes as I was expecting an emergency dash to the vet.
Did begin to wonder had he got a fish bone stuck he had sprats for tea or was it the beginning of bloat.
He woke me at 4 to go out seemed a bit gulpy again so gave him brown bread another trick a lot of us berner owners pass on.
That seemed to help so I tried to kip for a bit on the sofa again.
Anyway by 8 he wanted his breakfast nothing stuck it seems and been for a walk and had a little game.
All back to normal hopefully so worn out here. With stress and worry.
It's his birthday tomorrow he is 6 and I had all these horrible thoughts going on in my head last night and early this morning.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Blinking heck what a scare and a worry. Glad all came good in the end..............Dillon ....................does NOT seem 6 years. Where does time go..............
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >