Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 07:18 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, January, 30

Good morning everyone, another dirty nasty day. I hope everyone is ok. Griff, hope your hands are better and that you finally got to sleep ok despite the rain beating on the window.

I watched the Chase and it was so funny the three that got through with £42k told the 4th member of the team to either go high or go for what he had earned which I think if I remember right was about £3k. Instead he opted for -£2k and they all cheered the Beast on each time the contestant got it wrong and the Beast got it right. So eventually the 4th member of the team lost making the other three very happy!

I quite enjoy watching it and will often watch it on Challenge tv too. How some of them get on there Lord only knows.

Glad the girls were better behaved last night June, Lynn, did you discover what it was that your pup took you down the garden to see? Hope Gorden got home ok last night.

LG, hope Scout is better this morning and that nasty bite or whatever it is soon clears up.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very windy here again today too Moyra. No rain I think so that's something to be grateful for.
No couldn't see what Dillon's fuss was about from the night before. Yesterday he was not bothering around that area at all.
Today is making drawers up for the bedroom day. If that hoes well and they are done quickly I may be able to convince Gorden to move the king size bed into our room and put our double up in the front spare room.
Trouble is they both need taking apart and re-building.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and hands are better and bites on Scout are giving less trouble.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Oh Good Luck Lynn, when I put your pup I meant Dillon but somehow my brain told me it wasn't right, I think I am getting early dementia signs now. So you will perhaps forgive me. Must get Amber out now, her legs must be well and truly crossed. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2016, 07:56 AM
We can go mad together if you like.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Can I join the mad club please?

Morning all, it's dry so far!
Moyra I love the Chase, in fact I love anything with Bradley Walsh in.
Morning Lynn, I think the wind has left us and gone to you.

Another day of preparing for a Sunday feast! I love it really!
I will try and get back later
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn. You be careful Lynn doing all that don't want you hurting yourself they can be tricky to do. Sara loves doing making up furniture so I leave it to her. I also watch the Chase with amusement especially when he gets the giggles. I do wonder at times where they get the contestants from. But is eassier at home. Having been on a quiz show it can be nerve racking. Mind you I had the dog with me so that kept me sane. Well time is marching on this morning so I must get moving and just do a couple more things on this computer thing and then away to training. Have a good day both of you and all that come later. Oops missed you Mandy good morning.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I have started moving the electric light cable in the garage that feed the outside lanterns. Having been informed that the new electric roller shutter garage doors are being fitted next Friday and the cables are in the way. Not a big job really and I can do the cable move and connections inside the garage. Found some existing trunking but will need a junction box so a trip to a DIY shop is on the cards.

So soon out with these, the big one the doors catch the wind and can be hard to close and the smaller one i have had to fix to lock properly and stay in the runners. The hight ois also going to be reduced as well on the big doors. The previous owner kept a big camper van in the back of the garage, hence the big doors

and in with something like this

Can't do much at the moment as we are waiting for new washing machine and new tumble dryer to arrive this morning
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Good morning

Hope you managed to get out without getting too wet Moyra.

Take it easy Lynn don't go overdoing it.

Right all down to Nippy's tomorrow as a feast is planned

Enjoy training Brenda and hope the rain holds off.

Pouring when I got up but has now stopped and Teazle has been walked. Delivery of washing machine etc due anytime now and 1.30.pm.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Rain overnight, dry and windy now and feels cold as well. As long as the rain holds off we can get out today. Mabs is 4 today and will get some piccies of her if it keeps like this.
Barrie, you never stop, are you catching up from the time you were immobile for months
Hope the delivery arrives Sue and everything fits and works fine.
Lynn, hope Gorden co operates with the bed plan and you can wallow in your king size bed tomorrow morning, I've only got a double, but there's just me in it and love being able to stretch out.
Nippy, whats for lunch tomorrow, we're all mad together, or maybe mildly eccentric perhaps
Brenda, hope the weather stays dry for training, mind you its inside isn't it. Forecast for tomorrow up here is horrendous, so probably won't go to training if its as bad as it says its going to be. Hate missing a week as well.
Moyra, did you get out and back OK with Amber
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone - hope all goes well with meal preparations, appliance deliveries and dog walking, bed dismantling and re-erecting, and that electrically inclined hubbies don't fry themselves! lol !
Ref the "going mad" bit - reckon you lot have a long way to go before you get to my level!
Hope Griff eventually got to sleep last night - despite the rain.
June - just at the moment we have sunshine here although very cold when out. Hope you're wrong about tomorrow - but somehow think you won't be and we'll all have a grim day of it.
Scout has stopped biting at her leg and back - so a quick reaction to those steroid tablets, by the look of it. I'll give her a weeks course and then as suggested by the vet keep te other tablets in hand - just in case there's a re-occurance. She certainly didn't seem in any way out of sorts this morning and was tearing round like a loony, trying her best to catch Tess so she could murder her! Tess loves this (as she is about 10mph faster than Scout) and gallops away from her looking back over her shoulder as if to say "Is that the best you can do?" Drives Scout mad with frustration - but does give her a very good work-out! They are very good friends really but the early morning game of "murder the lurcher" seems to be a much loved feature of their first walkies of the day. A passer-by could be excused for thinking there was murder most foul going on, with all the Grrring and Snarling but it's all in the best possible taste, as someone used to say!
Righty ho! Things to do and people to see. Will be back later, have a good day everyone, bye fer now.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »