Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Are yours pure Lurchers?

Thats what I've just been asked, well I can say points to the man for reconising their not greyhounds, but I'm not he knows what a Lurcher really is lol.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 04:33 PM
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Bit like people who think goldendoodles etc are a breed, but we won't go down that road !

Most people think Bella is a greyhound when i'm out with my two, tobe honest sometimes i just say yes, i can't be bothered to explain it to people, depends what mood i'm in !
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:33 PM

there is a guy who walks two dogs in the park who always remind me of your Diesel and Honey. His lurcher (he is a rescue so they arent sure what his cross is) Blue looks sooo like Diesel. and then Oshi, who is a Saluki cross, looks just like Honey although Oshi has slightly longer fur
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I was at a dog show today where there were 2 wire-haired lurchers, both grey fur. They looked like miniature deerhounds/wolfhounds. Never seen any like that before.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I couldn't really bother to explain more then thier lurchers, so their crosses .

Aww Lozzi I bet them dogs are lush Honey's only brother sounds simalar to the Honey lookalike, he looked just the same as Honey but has Saluki fringes stumpy lurchers with bedlington in them sound simalar to how you describe as well as Deerhound/Wolfhound crosses can too .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I couldn't really bother to explain more then thier lurchers, so their crosses .

Aww Lozzi I bet them dogs are lush Honey's only brother sounds simalar to the Honey lookalike, he looked just the same as Honey but has Saluki fringes stumpy lurchers with bedlington in them sound simalar to how you describe as well as Deerhound/Wolfhound crosses can too .
oh, they are lush! especially Oshi although, he can be dog aggressive (and bit Jake, pinning him to the ground on thursday night!) but he has had a terrible start in life. he was owned by gypsies, who beat him. he was rescued, and when the owners got him 6 months ago, he was covered in wounds and broken bones he had a broken leg and broken ribs, so it isnt surprising he has issues. i always call him 'she' though, coz he is soooo pretty