View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 12:17 AM

Daisy's weight loss! The diet is working.

As some of you know, Daisy had a litter last Christmas and sadly didn't get ANY milk, so I hand reared her litter.......and continued to feed Daisy as though she had milk and was feeding her babies.

Well in March of this year, she weighed in at a HUGE 17.2kgs. So in came Burns Hi-Oats, out went treats in came lots of raw veg etc. Spoke to Burns about the correct amount of food we should be feeding.....silly me was feeding her the amount for the weight she WAS not the weight she SHOULD BE so since March it's been Burns and lots of raw veg to bulk out her meals. Yesterday we took her for her monthly weigh in and she's now 13.1kgs, she looks and acts like a puppy again (she's nearly 5) she really does look great, I will try and get some photos of her tomorrow to show you the before and after.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Well done It is so easy for the weight to go on, but a lot harder to get it off. You have done it very sensibly - slowly but surely over several months. I am sure that Daisy must feel a great deal better now that she doesn't have all that excess to carry around
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 07:49 AM
:smt005 wish someone would feed me Burns and help me loose weight.

Well done, bet she looks good, overweight Cockers look like miniature beer barrels, cute but not really what you want for your dogs.