Our sister sites
Our sister sites
helenrome
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Goa Animal Welfare..

Hi everyone
I just wanted to let you know that there is an excellent charity trust operating in southern Goa in India (lots of Brits go on holiday there!)
Some dear friends of mine run a shelter as volunteers in Canacona for beach dogs, town and village dogs. They have a very effective sterilisation and vaccination programme as well as a rehoming programme for puppies.
They can operate only with Sterilisation/castration, anti rabies vaccination (an absolute must!) and de-worming of one dog costs roughly £8.00.
These poor dogs live in desperate situations on the streets. During the tourist season these dogs eat the food left over by the beach bars but during monsoon their lives become really quite desperate and many get sick.
If anyone wants to know more or even help out dog walking, general care of dogs etc etc while they are on holiday in southern Link removed and if anyone wants further information leave a message here and I hopefully answer it. I will be there in january february next year.
Please if you can help in any way we would be really grateful
Helen