Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Lucky Star
What utter rubbish. I don't think there are many of us who chuck copious amounts of tasty treats all over the roads when rewarding a desired behaviour.

Clob
It is certainly not rubbish – what you quoted was my response to Wiziwigs descriptions of misuse of training aids, she was using e-collars as the training aid of misuse descriptions.

I simply widened it to include several different training aids – throwing treats into the road is misuse of a training aid in the same way hanging a dog on a lead is misuse of a collar and lead and using an e-collar at levels above those in normal use is also misuse of a training aid, so no, what I said is not rubbish.

What might be rubbish is the seemingly preference by many posting here to think of training aids as items which are best misused and semingly an inabilty to stay on or even get close to topic.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by leo
ok so i have to use a shock collar on my dog which will annoy them to get the focus on me?
but like i have said if you know my breed at all you will understand they are double coated so for the shock to reach the skin the level would have to be higher than a dog like yours being a dob ( or short coated breed).
And Leo - haven't you successfully trained one of yours (Toby I think) so well that he's been accepted as a PAT dog?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2006, 09:59 PM
simple question are you trying to say that e collars can not be miss used by the owners that use this type of method?
it just makes me wonder how many dogs have recieved a shock when it wasn't in the name of constructive training.
maybe they was stressed took the dog out and shocked them for not genuine reason just cause they couldn't handle the situtation so the dog got it.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
And Leo - haven't you successfully trained one of yours (Toby I think) so well that he's been accepted as a PAT dog?
yep its tob he goes into hospitals visiting ill kids.... without ever wearing a e collar i might add!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
Lucky Star
What utter rubbish. I don't think there are many of us who chuck copious amounts of tasty treats all over the roads when rewarding a desired behaviour.

Clob
It is certainly not rubbish – what you quoted was my response to Wiziwigs descriptions of misuse of training aids, she was using e-collars as the training aid of misuse descriptions.

I simply widened it to include several different training aids – throwing treats into the road is misuse of a training aid in the same way hanging a dog on a lead is misuse of a collar and lead and using an e-collar at levels above those in normal use is also misuse of a training aid, so no, what I said is not rubbish.

What might be rubbish is the seemingly preference by many posting here to think of training aids as items which are best misused and semingly an inabilty to stay on or even get close to topic.
Yeah right and some people might raise their hand to pet their dog, which might then be construed by the dog as an act of aggression, which might result in the hand being bitten off. If you are going to attempt to use comparisons or analogies at least try to make them related!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by leo
yep its tob he goes into hospitals visiting ill kids.... without ever wearing a e collar i might add!
You should be very proud!
(I am now having silly visions of poor old Toby being zapped to pay attention while some poor sick child's hand is around his neck ... )
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
You should be very proud!
(I am now having silly visions of poor old Toby being zapped to pay attention while some poor sick child's hand is around his neck ... )
lol it will never happen.
yeah share the shock instead of a cuddle wonder how many would like that idea.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
[B]People who don’t understand e-collars and who choose ignorance of them are in a minority these days
I think that most people well understand e-collars, but not, perhaps, in the way you would like Denis.

If you are saying that those who disagree with you are in the minority, then you seem to be finding an awful lot of minority people on an awful lot of boards.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley
I think that most people well understand e-collars, but not, perhaps, in the way you would like Denis.

If you are saying that those who disagree with you are in the minority, then you seem to be finding an awful lot of minority people on an awful lot of boards.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I have been following this thread with interest, I haven't posted as I don't train, I used to, but haven't for a great many years, and not to competition standards. I would like to ask just one question.

Clob - Are you a wind up merchant?

Sorry Azz - just had to ask.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 30 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »