Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. Tuesday 22nd August 2017

Morning everyone. Bit grim here today not raining but very dull.
Hope it stays dry Gorden might get round to finishing the outside of the house off if the render has dried.
Kazz had a look at getting a sample of paint off the wall but not sure I can it seems like it is painted directly onto plasterboard and cannot see any bits I might be able to take off.
Hoping the tester pot from yesterday will do the trick.

griff hope the blood tests went well and if you popped down the pub your admirer has got the message.
Harvey good news about Lara.
What has happened to your photos Barry. Has someone stolen them and used them for their own purposes ?
Moyra hope you are feeling a little brighter today. Some people in the world are making it an awful place to want to continue in some days. But we mustn't let the b*****s win or get us down.
I felt very bleugh about life the other day after the Spain attack.
There are also good things going on they rarely get reported and there are still some good people in the world. Quite a few on Dogsey.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

Hope it stays dry for Garden to finish the outside of the house and also the new pot of paint is the right one. Lovely pictures of Dillon on the beach.

Hope the blood tests went well for you Griff

Do hope you are feeling better today Moyra.

Good news regarding Lara and hope the new course of antibiotics clears the residue of the infection.

Lovely and sunny here and quit warm. Nothing planned except to see how many more runner beans are ready to pick

Have a good day an stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Morning Sue. Enjoy your runner bean picking.
Hope they don't run to fast.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone

Lynn you are very right, we really mustn't let the horrible people in this world win.

Sue you are lucky to have sun, it is so overcast here but quite muggy.

Our friends arrive from Germany again tomorrow. So today I have to get some work done Because I can never be sure what times planes and trains will get them here we will just have a cold meal. So to day Im going to make a quiche and prepare some salads that can just be thrown together when they arrive!

Uh ooh its raining oh well better now than when Im trying to entertain Germans
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Morning Nippy Jen take it easy getting ready for your friends.
Lot of trips out and ice cream on the cards in the next few days then.
Not long back from a short stroll with Dillon very muggy.
Just checked the patches Gorden rendered yesterday afternoon only just drying out so tidying up and popping out for a shoe cabinet for under the stairs instead.
Also a cheeky coffee may be in order.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Morning all
Harvey so chuffed about Lara
Lynn, didn't go to the pub...i had my last training session with my rescue doggy
Nippy, you really do look after your friends
Sue...i reckon 15 beans Lol
Tumbleweed...who has nicked what?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Afternoon griff. Hope the training session went well.

Sky cloudy, very warm and bright how can that be ?
Got the shoe cupboard from b&m bargain to what we have seen at £24.99 got to the till and it had been reduced to £19.99 that's what I like a real bargain.
Didn't get a coffee funny place not near anywhere really so we came home and had a coffee in the garden.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Yeah Lynn b&m by us are usually on retail parks and the only one that has a cafe/coffee shop restaurant is the one by maccy D's and costa...i do love b&m though, can spend a fortune, mum and dad got my egg chair from there for £100 and they are £300 online!!
Saw my cousin who bought me lunch! very naughty of her, wouldn't let me pay for anything...she is going for her interview for college friday but has had words already...they want her to do level 2 hairdressing which she could do standing on her head so her lecturer has given her a reference stating level 3...she turned down a uni place for this so i hope it goes her way
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Getting slightly concerned at the moment.
I have been looking after my friends Yorkie today while they went to a hospital appt they should have been home over an hour ago but still no sign.
I can only think the holiday traffic and rush hour traffic is holding everything up.
If not I have gained a Yorkie
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Afternoon
Hope everyone is well.
Lynn you've reminded me about getting some paint for the back
Room where some of the dogs sleep. Just a case of painting over the dirt really lol. Shame I can't get a man who can in.

Griff, our B&M is on the retail park. Not somewhere I'll attempt to go whilst the litttle darlings are off school.

Enjoy your visitors Nippy.

Sue my beans are only just in flower. Boo. Bought 2 lots from different market stalls and they had definitely seen better days. I remember getting them from pyo places and eating a whole plate full.

Hi to Moyra,Mandy, Kaz, Tweed, losos & Beoseker & Brenda. Hurry back June & Gordon.

Am actually pee'd off. OH been replacing a flat roof. I have a washing line under part of it & as he was slapping on bitumen some got through onto a tshirt hanging up. He tried WD40 to remove the black stuff then unknown to me soaked it in white spirit. Muggins here then put it in the wash and the machine now stinks of white spirit. So far I've done 4 x 90 degree washes with Ariel. One wash with dr Becker machine cleaner. Another with soda crystals. Now bleach. All this is without the mayhem of getting rid of annoying holly bushes with a digger instead of chainsaw which wouldn't have ruined half my lavenders or torn up some of the patio because he needs to get scaffolding round there. Why don't they bluddy listen?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >