Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 05:08 AM

Daily thread Monday 7th August

Well my night out turned into a disaster!! Was just going to see my mates, couple of beers and chill...dads car had been flagging up overheat and i told him to take his z4 but nop...he knew best, got half way to where I wanted to be...warning flashed up amber again and then went red...he was going to continue driving it.....i did my box, got to a pub car park, told him to leave it and call the rac today, he eventually listened. Called my mate who does the dog training as she does taxi driving at weekends and she fetched us to our local. I pray the head gasket hasn't blown and it's just a failed thermostat.
Harvey, the worst bit about being let down with the jag.....the lad was my mate!! We were at college together, he wanted to set up his own business doing cars as he restores classics for his employer....sadly he kept saying he would do it, come take a look etc etc...never did
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Morning Griff & all who follow,
Sorry your night out turned out like that Griff, hope it's nothing to serious with the car. It's awful when friends let you down badly, bit like my friend last year. You can't forgive them, never mind forget.

I'm hoping the weather holds out as I want to nip into town later, Fingers crossed.
Had a fab weekend having Liam & Sarah home.
Going to have breakfast, be back later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Good morning Griff, Mandy and all who follow

Sorry your night out was ruined by the car. Hope it is nothing too serious and easy to fix

Hope the weather holds for you Mandy.

The house will soon be finished then Lynn and you can sit back and relax for a bit. Hopefully all will go well and Beth and Paul will manage to sell the flat and get a mortgage on yours.
Where are you hoping to move to?

Sun has. now come out here. Washing out and Teazle walked. Nothing planned so will see what comes along.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Morning everyone. A bit overcast here today.

Lots of houseworky stuff to do so I had better get on with it!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Thanks all
i have finally got him on his way..he was just going to drive it back and hope for the best!! told him to go call the rac and get them to tell him whats wrong and recover him home.
Having problems with my mum too...she has been a real c*w lately and last night i walked in, the cat had been sick and all i said was to leave the throw and i would wash it today...she went beserk snapped at me that she was cleaning up the chair...i got upset so my dad said what had she said to me now and to leave me alone and she then had a go at him...he turned round, said he won't go to america and when he got up this morning she was funny with him saying oh so you want to talk now...he should get his facts right before having a go etc...i just called her and i said alls i was trying to to was help and she just had a go at me for no reason and dad was sticking up for me...she turned round said she didn't care she was at work and just said bye and hung up. My dad says he's had enough...i am sick of it, i don't know what's going to set her off next, i have said if the cat is disturbing her too much i will happily sort him out...Sigh, why is life so damn difficult
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Ah griff I am sure they are just settling down to being home after their holiday. Just try to keep your head down and things will sort themselves out.
I find people are always tired after a holiday even though it is supposed to be relaxing. I expect she is worried about your pusscat the same as you are.
On a brighter note my frog is back. He is still missing his limb but happily sitting in our green plastic bucket that is tipped onto its side so that he can get out easily. Mind you, ungrateful thing didn't want the worm that I dug up for it. What do they eat as a rule? Must look it up. Years and years ago when I had a pet frog he only ate the bait that I used for fishing. Won't be buying those things. Yuk!! Have a good day griff and I am sure things will be ok. bfn. Hope everyone else has a good day. By the way the frog is called Hopealong Cassidy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Brenda, it has been going on for about a year now and my dad has deffo had enough, if it weren't for the dogs i would be long gone!
Awww hop along cassidy..i like that and good he is still alive...hmmm think it is flies isn't it for frogs?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Ah have found a site that says they eat flies, moths, worms, slugs and snails. So I hope he stays a long time as we have an abundance of the last two. You missed out the 'e' but I will call him Cass for short. couldn't find a frog emoticon. Mind you he isn't really green more brown.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Weather bit dull here. Firstly griff sorry your night turned out to be a trial and hope the car gets sorted easily and quickly.
Also that your mum snapped sounds like her and your dad may be having an issue or two and your mum is generally frustrated. I am sure she doesn't mean to take it out on you. Not nice for you though to get shouted at when trying to help.
brenda glad hopalong cassidy is back. I was going to suggest slugs and snails frogs are a gardeners best friend.

We popped out to Reed's in Downham market for breakfast and then went into a little village called Hilgay I saw a little bungalow for sale but the layout from outside was odd so it just needed to be looked into.
Well it is lovely you approach down a little private lane there are a terrace of 3-4 cottages then the bungalows go sideways attached. Big but though no parking small garden and the bungalows inside were small Gorden could tell from the plans.
Lovely walks through public footpaths and bridleways and by the river but sadly not practical for us. It was also a very good price.
Was thinking about the letting of this place when we moved here the other side no.5 was let out. So do not think letting would be to much of an issue.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2017, 03:44 PM
She has been like this for a bit, i pulled her up on it a couple of months back and told her she was being nasty and snappy and she was o.k for about a week...have spoken to her since and she was fine with me.
Rung for the mechanic he is coming for a look Wednesday...hoping the thermostat but fear the water pump which is £400 before fitting
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >