Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 08:32 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 6th August

Good morning everyone

Hope all wo and four legged friends are well

Lovely here again today. Had heavy rain and thunder yesterday afternoon. Nothing planned as SIL is coming this afternoon and also I have to look after the little dog next door.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Morning Sue....we have sunshine too, bet it rains shortly as i need to go out
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Morning Sue, yep lovely here but keeping an eye on the clouds as have braved putting some washing out. Have a good day with your sil and next doors doglet.
Morning everyone else. oops morning griff. Looking forward to seeing pics of the Jag.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Morning Sue, griff, brenda and all who follow.

Lovely morning here very warm and sunny yesterday's washing out and dry more in the machine to go out in a while.
More boxing in bathroom pipes today. It's upstairs today re-boxing where we put the new macerator in. Then some skirting in the new bathroom sort out the bath panels and do the ceiling. Finish the stairs tidy up paintwork if possible rather than re-decorate sort outside the front of the cottage then hopefully ready for Paul and Beth to buy or on the market. Might get it on before christmas at this rate.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Hello all
We've got sunshine too bit cloudy, put a wash out.
Lauryn had a fab day yesterday, went out at 6.20am ( bus was at 7am) came in at 11.15pm, had a sandwich & went to bed lol
Liam took me to Sainsbury's this morning as I needed to take my new sic note in, and did a bit of shopping.
Tony is cooking a roast beef dinner with all trimmings - yum
Not doing anything except obviously take Rosie out, she's loving having Liam home
Have a good Sunday everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Yum roast dinner. We had roast duck and a mixture of roast veggies. Losos, the book I am reading isn't all fiction bg!! it is set around Hawkshead and the surrounding villages. Off to read some more. Sunny still here and washing dried. Yeh!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Hope the washing dried well Brenda
Lynn...fingers crossed you are ready for a move soon
Enjoy your roast Mandy
The sunshine stayed...i put down a load of bark chips and got to read my book in the sun!! Yay for me lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Hopefully griff.. Beth just knocked with a bottle of wine for us from France they arrived back in the early hours.
She popped in to see the kitchen and downstairs bathroom and I asked if they were still interested in buying ? They are seriously interested but Paul's mum's flat is not selling at the moment. It is on an elderly people complex and another 4 for sale but there's is in the middle price range and the only one with new carpets and newly decorated throughout.
So I said we could wait it would mean we could slow down a bit on the refurb so Beth is going to start enquiring about buy to let mortgages and make sure they can get one.
I said they also need to look into making sure they can find a tenant, and that we wouldn't mind when we have the place up to the spec we wanted for marketing they could arrange with us for a letting agent to come in and let them know how easy it would be to let if they have anyone on the books and the rent they would be looking at getting.
We would be looking at putting on the market end of this month or sometime next month which doesn't leave a lot of time before the market cools off for christmas and we could be waiting for a buyer for ages also so it will be worth waiting to see how it goes with Paul and Beth because they may come up with a buyer before we could.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Fingers crossed someone wants his mums flat.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Lets hope so we do not want to wait around indefinitely.
We will still aim to get the major work done as quick as possible get it valued and ask about rental income to kill two birds with one stone.
We have discussed we will do another christmas here if we need to which is quite likely and if nothing moving for them by the new year then we will ,market it in February ready for spring.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >