Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
Mine's on Naturediet wet and she gets a few kibbles of Wainwrights Turkey and Rice for Senior/overweight. She's a bit porky.......Burns is great too- all additive free
oh mine also gets raw chicken wings and raw bones- beef and lamb mostly- maybe 2/3 times a week -not every day as she's overweight.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Burns complete for Fudge with table scraps that are appropriate.

treats equals hide chews, gravy bones,and cheese and sausage for training treats.
minpin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Mine have a home cooked diet, however if I don't have enough time to cook they then have the Naturediet in trays
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Star is on bakers, he is doing well on it.
Skye is on royal canin with no probs.
Jake has rice, veg, and tinned meat. He has been on this for 7yrs and does brill.

As for treats there is to many to list, Tuna and pigs ears are there faves.
How can you be bothered to feed them all differently? I know Storm is still trying to put on weight (I think),
I just give my girls the same sometimes different amounts if one or other is looking a bit porky
They get Burns combined with raw.
I make their training treats, been on dried liver the last few weeks, going to cook some tonight for a change.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Both my guys started out on the usual Pedigree Chum puppy food, but as they became adults, they got fussy (for "fussy", read "downright impossible" ) and they worked their way through the spectrum of canned foods, until we discovered that the butcher sold minced offcuts as dogfood (beef and lamb).

While I was away in hospital, Mrs S thought there was too much fat in the stuff the butcher was selling, so she started buying "real" mince for them (Somerfield's cheap minced beef, but meant for human consumption!).

Now they get the mince, with a few bits of "Baker's Complete" (to add a bit of crunch) and a tablet of SA37 multivitamin additive.

They seem to be doing well on it (Kali is nearly 13 now, and still behaves like a hairy Exocet) and there's never any left!

Snorri
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Burns.....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Burns or James Wellbeloved
Frolics,gravy bones and markies for treats.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Arden Grange chicken and rice, treats Arden Grange Crunchy Bites and Arden Grange cat food!
Becky
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Ooops, forgot about the treats!

Kali and Snorri are two of Orkney's wealthiest Border Collies, as regards treats - they have a huge supply at all times! They like Pedigree "Light and Tasty" chews, Bakers' "Nibbles", meaty strips, Winalot "Healthy Hearts" and "Allsorts", plus any safe table scraps.

Frequently, we get given a whole salmon - which is far too much for the two of us, so the Boys luck out then, too. In fact, whenever we have something unusual, the dogs get a taste, too - which is how I know that they love lumpfish caviar!

And have you ever met a dog who doesn't like cheese?

Snorri
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
How can you be bothered to feed them all differently? I know Storm is still trying to put on weight (I think),
I just give my girls the same sometimes different amounts if one or other is looking a bit porky
They get Burns combined with raw.
I make their training treats, been on dried liver the last few weeks, going to cook some tonight for a change.
It just worked like that, Storm and Jake were both rice, veg and meat, Star never took to it, but seemed to do well on bakers(has with cottage cheese while putting weight on) so we dont want to change food while he is poorly, Skye has always been on royal canin. While they are doing well on there food theres no need to change it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >