View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2006, 11:50 AM

Weird Rash after walk. What could it be?

Hello this thread should be split into two topic headers really, so apologies if i picked the wrong one

Basically we took Roxy out for a lovely walk yesterday, through crop fields, lots of long grass (which had stingy nettles in & spikey weeds ) and near Livestock.

When we got home she cuddled up with OH on the sofa, when he got up to have dinner/tea he had like lots of white bumps on his arm and it was all red and very itchy. I dont think it was fleas as the bumps went down after half an hour, but i have no idea what else it could be.

Roxy wasn't really scratching, something on her foot was annoying her i think as she sat there chewing it for about 10 minutes, but i couldn't see anything on her. So any ideas??
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi DobieGirl the bumps sound like nettle rash (urticaria/hives ) and maybe have nothing to do with Roxy, more likely from the walk ...as to the paw check carefully between the toes for thorns or damage paying particular attention to the bed of the nail (where it joins the toe) and if you find nothing/ Roxy is walking on it ok/ not nibbling it I wouldn't think there was a problem .
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2006, 01:50 PM
The Farmer may have just sprayed his field.Which may have irritated your Dogs feet. I always wash dogs feet,if I go anywhere near farmed fields.