Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:54 PM

Pets at Home

Went to pets at home this afternoon to restock my poor dogs' biscuit cupboard (it was starting to resemble old mother hubbards house!!) and I have to say it's really gone to the dogs.
All the biscuits like markies and bonios have been replaced with their own brand crap. Even one of the shop assistants said since they changed many people have said the dogs won't eat the own brand stuff! So I had to drive all the way into town and pay 40 pence to park and get the stuff they like, don't think I'll be going back there now.
Just wondered if anyone has had similar experiences?

Oh, and to top it all off they don't have Burns dog food!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2005, 09:56 PM
now you mention it I went to get gravy bones last week and there was none I did notice a lot of their own brand biscuits.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:59 PM
thanks for the warning we get our monthly supply from there for all the pets.
dunno if i am gonna bother now might go else where
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Tesco sell genuine gravy bones in a monster size bag and i mean BIG for around £3.50.I only noticed this last week and will pop in there tomorrow for a bag!

The local PAH to me normally have good deals going with doggie food and are well stocked with everything so perhaps its the fault of the branch manager for not doing a stock check?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi I had the same problem, all or nearly all Blackie's favourites have gone, but he still likes there marrowbones, but he used to love them big square biscuit things but they have gone too! I got some gravy bones from a well known cheapish store "Wilk*****'s" they were £2+

Ian
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Have you tried Burns Kelties? Or JWB do biscuits. Home baking/freezing?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 10:42 PM
I know I wasn't best pleased! It's just handy for me as there's free parking there and in Darlington you have to pay to park everywhere now!

It might be the branch managers fault, they never have the things I really want. Mini bonios seem to be a dying breed up here can't get them anywhere, if anyone knows of a good website for them I'll be greatful for the info. They're perfect for Woody, everything else he just swallows whole and I end up feeling a bit ripped off!!!

Ian I love Wilkinsons they've got some really quality things in there, bird nuts in there are a bargin!

I've heard of Burns' Kelties, I'll have to try them should be ideal as Pic thrives on the food!

I just know some of the things I've bought Pic will end up feathering Woody's nest. He's so god damn fussy oh and has no teeth!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Yes me and my daughter went to pets at home the other day and we tried to get some marrow bones biscuits cos our dogs just love them they used to do them in a big bag.But they don,t do them any more.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Very rarely go in Pets at Home now, you are right it has 'gone to the dogs'!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Should we all complain to head office?

Ian
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »