Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Pets at Home

I went into the local PAH today as I was in the area. All I wanted was some whole bake biscuits. I feed raw and mix these in to stop the dogs bolting their dinner as Denva brings his back up if he does The manager asked if he could help I asked for the wholebaked biscuit, he asked did I want complete? No, wholebake, did I want a treat biscuit NO I WANT A WHOLEBAKED BISCUIT!!!! Please I told him I mix it with the raw mince and tripe and I usually have Foldhill terrier wholebaked
OOOHHHH no we dont keep anything like that, no-one feeds raw now it is old fashioned!!!
I couldn't believe what he said!!!
I dont think me and my 'old fashioned feeding' will be going in there again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2009, 06:24 AM
But they sell raw. Has he not looked in the freezer ?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm afraid I too am old fashioned. Hey ho -the things we do for healthy dogs! Sadly the staff in pets at home don't alwys know what they are yalking about. I've had some interesting advice from there in the past. I can't believe they don't sell mixer biscuits though! Loads of people use mixer, at least I sell plenty in my shop.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm a raw feeder too, so I guess I'm old fashioned as well
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Letter to head office please, you'll get some PAH vouchers I'm sure! What a numpty lol
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Just got back from there myself having purchased my big bag of RAW tripe from them!!

What a numpty, don't they have freezers in that branch?

I think that they only stock pedigree mixer biscuit, I can't find anywhere round here that sells a nice wholebake biscuit, where do you usually get yours?

J.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Last time I went into PAH I queried why they didn`t sell Burns or Arden Grange. They pointed out all the ones they did sell and I told them I would feed that cr*p to a dog and left. Mind you, they were probably glad we left because my friend and I were howling with laughter at the pink feather and diamante trimmed harnesses.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Just got back from there myself having purchased my big bag of RAW tripe from them!!

What a numpty, don't they have freezers in that branch?

I think that they only stock pedigree mixer biscuit, I can't find anywhere round here that sells a nice wholebake biscuit, where do you usually get yours?

J.
I normally get the Foldhill terrier wholeback from a nice lady at Dakata kennels, Friskney where I get my raw from, or Rookes in Spalding, but not being able to drive because of the surgery to my knee for a bit, I nipped in PAH as I was at the hospital.
YUP they sell mixer meal, but they have stuff in I dont want
O well as I can now drive again I will be off to the nice lady

(they have freezers of raw in there, not very much though)
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Incidentally, you can order Foldhill terrier mix from DAF.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
I normally get the Foldhill terrier wholeback from a nice lady at Dakata kennels, Friskney where I get my raw from, or Rookes in Spalding, but not being able to drive because of the surgery to my knee for a bit, I nipped in PAH as I was at the hospital.
YUP they sell mixer meal, but they have stuff in I dont want
O well as I can now drive again I will be off to the nice lady

(they have freezers of raw in there, not very much though)
Thanks for the info, I'll have to see if I can get it around here, I have to watch what additives Pepper has or she goes all silly like a kid on tartrazine. Glad to hear your knee is on the mend, sounds like your dogs will be relieved as well!

J.